Logan (given name)
|Look up Logan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The given name Logan is derived from the Scottish surname Logan, which is in turn derived from a place name. The likely origin of this surname is a place located near Auchinleck, in Ayrshire. The place name is derived from the Gaelic lagan, which is a diminutive of lag, which in turn means "hollow". The given name is borne by males and females.
The given name was the 17th most popular name for baby boys born in the United States in 2007 and was the 455th most popular name for baby girls born there in 2007. It was the 54th most popular name for baby boys born in England and Wales in 2007 and was the 12th most popular name for boys born in Scotland in 2007 and the fourth most popular in 2009. It was also among the top 100 most popular names for boys in Canada, Australia, France and Belgium in the last five years.
People with the name 
- Logan Bailly, Belgian football player
- Logan Bartholomew, American actor
- Logan Edwin Bleckley, American lawyer and jurist
- Logan Browning, American actress
- Logan Henderson, American actor and singer
- Logan Kanapathi, Canadian local politician
- Logan Kensing, Major League Baseball player
- Logan Lerman, American actor
- Logan Mader, Canadian heavy metal guitarist
- Logan Mankins, American football player
- Logan Marshall-Green, American actor
- Logan Martinez, American local politician
- Logan Miller, American actor
- Logan O'Brien, American actor
- Logan Pause, Major League Soccer player
- Logan Ramsey, American character actor
- Logan Pearsall Smith, American essayist and critic
- Logan Sama, UK grime DJ
- Logan Swann, New Zealand rugby league player
- Logan Tom, indoor and beach volleyball player, four-time Olympian
See also 
- Hanks, Patrick; Hardcastle, Kate; Hodges, Flavia (2006), A Dictionary of First Names, Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.), Oxford University Press, p. 172, ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1.
- Logan Family History, Ancestry.com, retrieved 20 September 2012. This webpage cited: Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4.
- Behind the Name