||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Logan Mader (born November 16, 1970 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada) is the former guitarist of the heavy metal band Machine Head, which was formed in Oakland, California in 1992. Their 1994 debut, Burn My Eyes, was released by Roadrunner Records and quickly became the top-selling debut album in the label's history. Their second album, The More Things Change..., was released in 1997 and Logan left the band shortly thereafter to divert his energy and time to side projects.
After Logan's five-year run with Machine Head, he joined the band, Soulfly, where he filled the slot as guitarist for their 1998 world tour. Logan's union with Soulfly was short lived (8 months) and the only track he technically recorded with them was one of the remixes for Quilombo. Wanting to once again pursue his own projects, Logan left Soulfly in January 1999.
Post Soulfly, Logan formed the heavy, yet melodic, Los Angeles rock band, Medication, with Whitfield Crane (formerly of Ugly Kid Joe). Due to a series of internal issues, Medication disbanded in February 2003.
Shortly after the dissolution of Medication, Logan formed the band New Black, which was later changed to Stereo Black. Although the band opened for a local Hed PE gig, tracked a full demo, shopped it to a few labels and created an internet buzz, they were never signed. Years later, the Stereo Black track Save Me was featured in the trailer for Max Payne. They also created a song for the Scream 4 soundtrack, titled "Denial."
These days, Logan is half the mastermind behind Dirty Icon Productions, a Los Angeles based production team, alongside partner, Lucas Banker. Dirty Icon, published by Reverb/Universal, writes, produces, records, mixes and masters for other artists.
- With Machine Head
- With Soulfly
- With Roadrunner United
- The All-Star Sessions (2005)
- FM Revolver - Leaving Madeira - (2005)
- Media Lab - Bleeding Memory - (2005)
- Contra - This Machine Kills - (2005)
- So Abused " Community Service" -(2005)
- Silent Civilian - Rebirth of the Temple - (2006)
- Twin Method - The Volume of Self - (2006)
- Cloud Nine - Quick As Lightning - (2006)
- Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist - (2007)
- Dommin - Mend Your Misery - (2007)
- Divine Heresy - Bleed the Fifth - (2007), Bringer of Plagues (2009)
- W.A.S.P. - Dominator - (2007) mixing and mastering
- The Perfect Victim - TBA - (2008)
- Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted - (2008)
- Gojira - The Way of All Flesh - (2008) - Engineered Drums, Mixed & Mastered album.
- Psycroptic - Ob(Servant) - (2008)
- Hamlet - La Puta y El Diablo - (2009)
- Achozen - Achozen - (2009)
- Echoes of Eternity - As Shadows Burn - (2009)
- AIZEN - Winter in Hell (2009)
- Devildriver - Pray for Villains (2009)
- Incite - The Slaughter (2009)
- W.A.S.P. - Babylon (2009) mixing and mastering
- The Changing - For Obvious Reasons (2010)
- Soulfly - Omen (2010)
- Channel Zero - Feed 'Em with a Brick (2011)
- Gojira - Sea Shepherd EP - (2011)
- Fear Factory - The Industrialist - (2012)
- Tensions Arise - Stand In Defiance - (2012)
- Incite - All Out War - (2012)
- Dagoba - "Post Mortem Nihil Est" - (2013)