Paulsen during the Redskins 2011 training camp.
No. 82 Washington Redskins
|Date of birth:February 26, 1987|
|Place of birth: Northridge, California|
|High school: West Hills (CA) Chaminade|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Washington Redskins|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Logan Sindre Paulsen (born February 26, 1987) is an American football tight end for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Redskins as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played college football at UCLA. Before that, he played at Chaminade College Preparatory High School in West Hills, California.
Paulsen was signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft. He was made the third-string tight end behind Chris Cooley and Fred Davis. Paulsen made his NFL debut in Week 3 against the St. Louis Rams. He scored his first career touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on December 12, 2010 on a one-yard pass from Donovan McNabb. At the end of the 2010 season, Paulsen played 11 games and recorded two receptions for 10 yards total and one touchdown.
During the 2011 season, against the Carolina Panthers, Paulsen caught two passes for 48 yards. Late in the season, Paulsen was made the starting tight end with Cooley on injured reserve and Davis suspended. Playing 16 games, starting six of them, Paulsen recorded 11 receptions and 138 receiving yards at the end of the season.
By the start of the 2012 season, Paulsen was once again named the third-string tight end behind Fred Davis and Niles Paul. In the Week 7 game against the New York Giants, he had the best offensive performance in his career subbing in for Davis after the former tore his Achilles tendon early in the first half. He would score his second career touchdown in the Week 11 win against the Philadelphia Eagles.
- California Birth Index
- ESPN mobile site
- "Logan Paulsen". UCLA Athletics. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Redskins go to their backup plans". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- Maese, Rick (December 5, 2011). "Logan Paulsen goes from third- to first-string TE". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-12-05.
- Tinsman, Brian (February 17, 2012). "Roster Review: Tight Ends". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-05-28.
- Walker, Andrew (October 21, 2012). "Davis Has Torn Achilles, Done For Season". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- Tinsman, Brian (October 21, 2012). "Redskins Fall Short In Wild Finish: 23-27". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- Walker, Andrew (November 19, 2012). "Patient Approach Pays Off For Paulsen". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Keim, John (March 9, 2013). "Redskins re-sign Logan Paulsen, Darrel Young". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- Jones, Mike (March 9, 2013). "Redskins re-sign tight end Logan Paulsen". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.