Logan Township, Auglaize County, Ohio
|Logan Township, Ohio|
Location of Logan Township in Auglaize County
|• Total||28.0 sq mi (72.4 km2)|
|• Land||27.9 sq mi (72.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||823 ft (251 m)|
|• Density||40/sq mi (15.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085767|
Logan Township is one of the fourteen townships of Auglaize County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 1,113 people in the township, 880 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Amanda Township, Allen County - north
- Shawnee Township, Allen County - northeast
- Duchouquet Township - southeast
- Moulton Township - south
- Noble Township - southwest
- Salem Township - west
- Spencer Township, Allen County - northwest
The village of Buckland is located in southern Logan Township.
Name and history
It is the only Logan Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The township is split between the Wapakoneta City School District, the Saint Marys City School District, Spencerville Local Schools, and Shawnee Local Schools.
The eastern and southern sections of the township is served by the Wapakoneta (45895) post office, the northwestern section by the Spencerville (45887) post office, and the northeastern section by the Cridersville (45806) branch of the Lima post office. Buckland (45819) maintains a local post office.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Logan township, Auglaize County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 45. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Auglaize County, Ohio Atlas and History, Piqua: Magee Brother Publishing , 1917. Accessed 05 July 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.