Logan Township, Sherman County, Kansas
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Voltaire Township — north
- Itasca Township — east
- Smoky Township — south
- Lincoln Township — west
- Grant Township — northwestern corner
It lies west of the county seat of Goodland. While part of Goodland lies within the township's original boundaries, the city is not part of the township. There are no communities in the township proper.
Interstate 70 and U.S. Route 24 travel east-west through Logan Township, and K-27 runs north-south along the border with Itasca Township.Interstate 70 and U.S. Route 24 travel east-west through the township. A railroad line also travels east-west through Logan Township, just north of the interstate.
As an active township, Logan Township is governed by a three-member board, composed of the township trustee, the township treasurer, and the township clerk. The trustee acts as the township executive.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 28. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Logan Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-301 and §80-505, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.