|Industry||Business Intelligence Software|
|Headquarters||McLean, VA, USA|
Brett Jackson (Chief Executive Officer)Arman Eshraghi (Founder)
Logi Analytics, Inc. is a company that develops and sells Business Intelligence (BI) software to private and public enterprises worldwide. Based in McLean, Virginia, USA, it was launched by Arman Eshraghi, is privately owned and currently employs approximately 200 workers.
Logi Analytics, formerly LogiXML, was founded in 2000 by Arman Eshraghi, a software development and architecture professional. The company's mission is to provide the benefits of traditional business intelligence to small- and mid-sized organizations.
In 2000, Logi Analytics developed LGX AppDev, an XML-based engine that built Web applications and evolved to address the specific task of report-building for BI. AppDev was used as the basis for the company's first product introduction in 2002. Logi Report (then called LGX Report), the first engine-driven, XML-based reporting application. Between 2002 and 2004, more features were added to Logi Report until Eshraghi made the decision to brand the full-featured version separately - as Logi Info - and offer the basic version free of charge.
In 2006, Logi Analytics discontinued the LGX branding and introduced the Logi product line, consisting of applications for ad hoc, managed and OLAP reporting, an embedded database to be used between operational databases and reporting servers, and a connector pack for integration of commonly used Web-based sources into the Logi reporting environment.
In 2008, Logi Analytics streamlined its commercial product offering, concentrating on Logi Info (managed reporting, analysis and dashboarding), Logi Ad Hoc (ad hoc reporting, analysis and dashboarding), and the Logi 9 platform (Web-based BI platform including managed and ad hoc reporting, analysis, dashboarding and data integration).
The company changed its name to 'Logi Analytics in March, 2013.
In October 2013, Logi Analytics received a $27.5 million growth equity investment led by new investor LLR Partners. Updata Partners also participated in the round. The company previously raised $23.1 million from Updata Partners, Grotech Ventures and Summit Partners, who remain invested in the company.
In 2014, Logi Analytics introduced its data discovery product, Logi Vision, to be deployed as a stand-alone application or integrated with its business information platform, Logi Info. Together, these integrated products can be used by customers to address a wide range of analytics use cases across the organization.
Logi Analytics currently offers the following Web-based BI reporting and analysis products:
- Logi Info - A complete BI platform for developers to create customized, Web-based dashboards, reports, and analysis applications powered by Logi Analytics's elemental approach that eliminates the need to write code. Logi Info comes with pre-built elements and super elements that deliver application-style end-user capabilities.
- Logi Vision – A data discovery application that is designed to give all business users in an organization the ability to analyze, visualize and socialize insights. Decision-making is accomplished through a recommendations approach that delivers best practices in data profiling and data visualization to make analysis easier for non-technical users.
- Logi Ad Hoc - A self-service Web application that enables business users to create, manage, and share dashboards, reports, and analyses.
- Logi Info, Logi Ad Hoc, and Logi ETL Bundle - This enables developers to bring data together from diverse sources and perform data transformations.
Logi Analytics serves two primary markets:
- Small- to medium-sized businesses and departments/business units of large enterprises.
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs): independent software vendors (ISVs) and software as a service (SaaS) application providers that want to embed dashboard and reporting capabilities into their products.
- DM Review, July 2004.
- Kern, Justin (19 Mar 2013), Logi Analytics: Former LogiXML is the New Old Kid on the BI Block, Information Management