||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
|Headquarters||New York City, NY, USA|
|Key people||Kenneth Ziegler
Hybrid Cloud Solutions
Public Cloud Solutions
Logicworks is a cloud computing and managed hosting company headquartered in New York City. Clients include: Dow Jones, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Orion Health, and 1-800-Flowers.com.
The company was founded in February 1993. In 1998, Logicworks changed its focus from standard web hosting to more complex types of managed hosting. Other high points over the years included Logicworks getting the first MySQL enterprise partner designation in 2003, and expanding into private cloud hosting in 2007. The cloud focus continues through to today, starting with the Logicworks cloud in 2010 and adding another data center to bring the company up to three in 2011.
Most of the company's 75 employees are full-time technicians who keep the company's hosting equipment running. In April 2011, Logicworks received $7.6 million during a venture funding round. Logicworks' cloud offerings are marketed as traditional cloud computing offers instead of remote hosting solutions.
The Logicworks Cloud public cloud platform, incorporates Citrix's CloudStack, ScienceLogic's EM7 and EMC Isilon.
Logicworks provides managed services for the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure called Managed Amazon Web Services. Logicworks adds a management layer on top of the AWS cloud to help companies strategize, architect, implement, and scale AWS cloud instances and tools for their applications.
In 2013 Logicworks was named among the "Best Places to Work in New York City" by Crain's New York Business.
In 2014 Logicworks received VMware's Service Provider Partner of the Year Award for the Americas region.
- Made in New York List, Made in New York, Retrieved August 2, 2013
- Panettieri, Joe. Top 100 Cloud Services Providers List 2012, Talkin Cloud, Penton Media, May 16, 2012, Retrieved November 9, 2012
- Panettieri, Joe. Logicworks: The Cloud Your Way (Public, Private, Hybrid, And...), Talkin Cloud, Penton Media, July 26, 2012, Retrieved November 9, 2012
- Koyfman, Andrew. Logicworks Receives $7,600,000 New Financing Round Xconomy, Xconomy, Inc, April 5, 2011, Retrieved November 9, 2012
- Burt, Jeffrey. Logicworks Offers Private Cloud Service eWeek, Ziff Davis Enterprise, June 18, 2009, retrieved November 9, 2012
- Henderson, Nicole. Logicworks Launches Managed AWS Cloud Service Web Host Industry Review, iNET Interactive, June 5, 2013, retrieved June 7, 2013
- Best Places to Work in New York City Crain's New York, December 17, 2013, Retrieved January 23, 2014
-  Logicworks News, Feb 13, 2014, Retrieved June 17, 2014
- Official website
- Woods, Dan Buyers Beward "Private Clouds" That Aren't Clouds at All Forbes Magazine, Forbes, Inc., September 23, 2012.