Logos and uniforms of the Cleveland Browns
This is a gallery of the history of all the revisions made to the uniform jerseys and helmets of the NFL's Cleveland Browns franchise.
The Browns wear their white jersey at home in preseason games and at least for their regular season home opener.
- Brown - solid brown (no stripes). Orange pants with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence were worn from 1975–1983 and become symbolic of the Kardiac Kids era. The orange pants were worn again occasionally in 2003 and 2004.
Solid brown with brown jerseys and solid orange with white jerseys (1984); solid brown when worn with white pants (2002 mid-season–2008); white striped socks with brown pants (2009) Brown striped socks appeared with 1957-style throwback uniforms in 2006-2008.
Ill-fated 'CB' logo helmet logo design
In 1965, NFL Creative Services designed a brown "CB" logo for the Browns' helmet. It was never used in any games
Jersey changes made through the years
* 2006 - They also unveiled a throwback jersey that has been worn once a year since 2006 that features the black numbers on the sides of the helmets, along with a single white stripe on the helmet, removal of the shoulder numbers from the jersey tops, thinner stripes on the pants, and a different variation of striping on the socks.
* 2008–present - The Browns wore brown pants for the first time in team history on August 18, 2008, preseason game against the New York Giants. The pants contain no stripes or markings. The team had the brown pants created as an option for their away uniform in 2006 and appeared as the away default uniform choice in Madden 08 (2007 season). They have not been worn in a regular-season game, however, at a Browns scrimmage on August 9, 2009, the Browns unveiled the brown pants with the white jerseys but switched out the all-brown socks with the white striped ones. The Plain Dealer reported that head coach Eric Mangini may have the team wear the brown pants for all road games during the 2009 season. Ohio native Brady Quinn has also gone on record to support the team's move to wearing the brown pants full-time; claiming the stripes on the white pants "prohibits mobility". In the first game of the 2009 preseason, the Browns played in their all brown pants and continued to wear them for the remaining road games of the season. The Browns will wear white at home during the 2011 season and this will mark the first time wearing white jerseys at home since 2008.
- the-hunt-for-the-great-orange-brown-and-white-whale-unraveling-the-mystery-of-the-1965-cb-cleveland-browns-helmet-logo, clevescene.com, retrieved 2010-02-27
- "Cleveland Browns | Brown out". Clevelandbrowns.com. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "Scrimmage shows Cleveland Browns' offense still needs work". Cleveland.com. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- Cleveland Browns might wear brown pants for all road games during 2009 NFL season, Cleveland.com, retrieved 2009-07-26
- "Cleveland Browns' scrimmage answers some Brady Quinn concerns; WR Leggett impresses". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2009-08-10.