|Industry||Professional Graphic Design services|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Key people||Daniel Wolfson, President
Toufan Rahimpour, COO
Logoworks is an online graphic design company that specializes in logo design, web design, and other advertising services primarily for small businesses. The company offers graphic design and related services to its customers through an interactive online process that connects customers with Logoworks’ proprietary designer community.
The company was founded in 2001 by Morgan Lynch and Joey Dempster. In 2005, Logoworks received $9.3 million in funding from Benchmark Capital. The company has also received venture funding from Highway 12 and Shasta Ventures. Until 2006, Logoworks was operated under privately held company, Arteis. Arteis manages Logoworks's (and other related companies') graphic designers. In April 2007, Arteis was acquired by Hewlett-Packard.
Three months after HP temporarily shut down activity in April 2012, OldSlip Group acquired Logoworks and restarted operations in September 2012. The current management team is composed of several former Logoworks employees, and members of the former Logoworks design community.
Logoworks is currently owned and operated by the private equity firm Old Slip Group, a New York City based firm focused on investing in and operating privately held companies.
Logoworks clients are assigned several graphic designers, who offer multiple logo options for the client to choose from. Designers working for the firm are internally rated, which determines the number and type of projects they can work on. Currently, Logoworks employs both internal and freelance designers.
Upon purchasing one of the logo design packages, customers are asked to complete a creative brief, providing more information on their business or project and on the type of design they are looking for. After three business days, customers receive initial compositions prepared by different designers. Subsequently, customers can select one of these compositions and start an iterative revision process.
Although Logoworks’ initial focus was logo design, it also provides other design services such as business cards, stationary, websites, brochures, etc. In addition, Logoworks offers printing services as well as promotional material.
- "LogoWorks Receives $9.3 Million in Equity Funding; Benchmark Capital and Shasta Ventures Lead Investment; Bob Kagle and Tod Francis Join Board of Directors", Benchmark Capital http://www.benchmark.com/news/sv/2005/06_20_2005.php
- Next Net 25: Startups to Watch. Business 2.0. http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/biz2/0702/gallery.nextnet.biz2/23.html
- "HP Agrees to Buy Arteis", Forbes.com http://web.archive.org/web/20070428125037/http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/24/ap3647395.html
- "Logoworks Reopens Under New Ownership", Small Business Trends http://smallbiztrends.com/2012/09/logoworks-reopens-under-new-ownership.html
- Bounds, Gwendolyn. "Keeping Quality High In an Online Service Biz." Startup Journal - The Wall Street Journal. http://www.startupjournal.com/columnists/enterprise/20050614-bounds.html