Lois Maikel Martínez
||Lois Maikel Martínez González
June 3, 1981 |
||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
||92 kg (203 lb)
|Updated on 23 May 2013.
Lois Maikel Martínez González (born 3 June 1981) is a male discus thrower from Cuba. His personal best throw is 67.45 metres, achieved in July 2005 in Havana.
He finished sixth at the 2002 World Junior Championships. He also competed at the 2003 World Championships and the 2004 Olympic Games without qualifying for the final round. On the regional level he won the bronze medal at the 2003 Pan American Games and the silver medal at the 2005 Central American and Caribbean Championships. He became Cuban champion in 2002 and 2006, having a rivalry with Alexis Elizalde and Frank Casañas.
- ^ a b Lois Maikel Martínez profile at IAAF
- ^ "Pan American Games". GBR Athletics. Athletics Weekly. Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- ^ "Central American and Caribbean Championships (Men)". GBR Athletics. Athletics Weekly. Retrieved 5 May 2009.
- ^ "Cuban Championships". GBR Athletics. Athletics Weekly. Retrieved 4 May 2009.
- ^ López Dot, Jordi (6/7 July 2010), MITING CIUTAT DE MATARO-CAMPIONAT DE CATALUNYA ABSOLUT OPEN/Lois Maikel Martinez 675A0794.JPG (in Catalan), Federació Catalana d'Atletisme, retrieved 11 April 2012