|Province||Rift Valley Province|
|Elevation||1,622 m (5,322 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Loitokitok, also Oloitokitok, is a town in Kenya.
The town is located in Loitokitok District, Rift Valley Province, in southeastern Kenya, at the International border with Tanzania. The town lies within the foothills and in full view of Mount Kilimanjaro.
This location lies approximately 255 kilometres (158 mi), by road, southeast of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya and the largest city in that country. The geographic coordinates of Loitokitok are:2° 55' 30.00"S, 37° 30' 36.00"E (Latitude:-2.925000; Longitude:37.510000).
Loitokitok is small but growing town in southeastern Kenya, at its border with Tanzania. The town is the administrative headquarters of Loitokitok District in which it is located. Loitokitok is served by a general government hospital and by Loitokitok Airstrip.
At this time there is no recent, reliable population estimate for the town of Loitokitok.
Points of Interest
Loitokitok or its environs, is the location of the following points of interest:
- The offices of Loitokitok Town Council
- The headquarters of Loitokitok District Administration
- Loitokitok General Hospital - Owned and administered by the Kenya Ministry of Health
- Loitokitok Post Office
- The International border between Kenya and the Republic of Tanzania - the border lies immediately southwest of the central business district of Loitokitok.
- A branch of Kenya Commercial Bank - A private financial institution
- Loitokitok Airport - A public, civilian airfield