||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
Lolita Files is a contemporary African-American author and screenwriter. Her books include Scenes from a Sistah and Child of God. Files has a degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Florida and resides in Los Angeles, CA. In 2005, rap artist Kanye West optioned the film rights of her fourth novel, Child of God. Files' sixth novel, Sex.Lies.Murder.Fame was optioned for film by Carolyn Folks for Entertainment Studios. Files reclaimed the film rights for Child of God back from Kanye West in 2009.
Lolita Files is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
- Scenes from a Sistah - published by Warner Books, April 1997
- Getting to the Good Part - published by Warner Books, January 1999
- Blind Ambitions - published by Simon & Schuster, September 2000
- Child of God - published by Simon & Schuster, September 2001
- Tastes Like Chicken - published by Simon & Schuster, May 2004
- sex.lies.murder.fame. - published by Amistad/HarperCollins, January 2006
Files has short stories featured in the following anthologies: "Roses, Red, Room 416" in Black Silk, published by Warner Books; "Bobby Q's Sauce" in Twilight Moods, published by Flowers in Bloom; and "Standing Room Only" in Brown Sugar 3: When Opposites Attract, published by Washington Square Press. Her novella, "Three For The Road," featured in the anthology, You Only Get Better, a collection of three novellas by Files, Connie Briscoe, and Anita Bunkley, was published in March 2007. The paperback of sex.lies.murder.fame. was published in May 2007.
- Black Literature Web page
- Author's blog, "The Lo Zone"
- Author bio on Answers.com
- African-American Literature Book Club page on Lolita Files
- USA Today: Online Book Videos Bring Words To Life
- The Wall Street Journal: Chick Lit Goes 'Glam'
- The New York Times: Open a Book, and There's a Sister Inside
- Author's Twitter Page
- Author on Facebook