Loma Linda University Church of Seventh-day Adventists
|Loma Linda University Church of Seventh-day Adventists|
|Location||Loma Linda University|
|Senior pastor(s)||Randy Roberts|
|Pastor(s)||Darold Retzer, Donauvin Krause, Jackie Bishop, Timothy Gillespie, Jacqueline Lynch, Betsy Matthews, Dan Matthews, Roger McQuistan, Rob Mohr, Marvin Ponder, Shirley Ponder, Bernard Taylor, Calvin Thomsen|
The Loma Linda University Church of Seventh-day Adventists is a Seventh-day Adventist church in Loma Linda, California. It is home to one of the largest Adventist congregations in the world, with about 7,000 members.
The church, which is on the campus of Loma Linda University, hosts two weekly worship services, Sabbath School, and vespers programs on Saturday, which are broadcast live on the Loma Linda Broadcasting Network, as well as weekly programs for the University. There are often mid-week evening Bible study services in the Campus Chapel.
The Loma Linda University church is a part of the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church from which it derives its beliefs. The Adventist Church shares many beliefs with other Protestant Christian Churches. Like other Christians, Adventist believe in Jesus as their lord and saviour. They view him as the divine Son of God; part of the trinity. Adventists believe in Protestant concept of "sola scriptura,"meaning they consider the bible the ultimate authority on matters of faith. Adventists believe God grants everyone free will and invites all to use their free will to come to Jesus for eternal life. Historically, the Adventist church has officially advocated the Genesis creation narrative; however, there is a wide variety of viewpoints within the church, including those that believe in evolution and theistic evolution. The official statement of belief regarding the subject is specifically worded to allow a variety of viewpoints. Adventists were founded through a belief in the second advent. Unlike most other Christians, Adventists hold worship services on Saturday, not Sunday.
- ACTS (Adventist Community Team Services)
- EXCELL (EXchanges in Community, Education, Living, and Learning)
- Loma Linda Children's Center
- Media Ministries
- Music Ministries
- Youth 202 (high school ministries)
- re:Live (young adult ministries)
- ALSAD (Adventistas Latinos Sirviendo a Dios)
- Moms' Network
- Adventist Singles' Ministry
- "Seventh-Day Adventism". catholic.com. Catholic Answers. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Taylor, Erv (1 January 2004). "Church Apologetics and Sola Scriptura". Adventist Today. Archived from the original on 4 December 2008. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Taylor, Ervin (23 May 2011). "Evolution: Cliff Goldstein's Addiction". Adventist Today. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Regalado, Ferdinand (2002). "The Creation Account in Genesis 1: Our World Only or the Universe?". Journal of the Adventist Theological Society. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Matzke, Nick (18 November 2009). "Seventh-Day Adventists split over evolution?". The Panda's Thumb. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Geraty, Lawrence T. (27 May 2010). "There Is More to the La Sierra Story". Spectrum Blog. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Loma Linda University Church of Seventh-day Adventists official website