London & Regional Properties
L&R was founded in 1987 by the brothers Richard Livingstone, a chartered surveyor, and his brother Ian, a former optometrist, who are described by the Irish Independent as "secretive". The value of their property empire is estimated at more than €5 billion. L&R has business interests in the United Kingdom, Scandinavia and the Baltic region, Germany, Poland, South Africa, Russia, Ukraine, Switzerland and Central America.
The company's portfolio includes:
- London Hilton on Park Lane
- Trafalgar Hilton
- The Empire, Leicester Square
- Diageo's head office in London WC1
- 55 Baker Street, site of Marks & Spencers' former head office
- The sports centre business David Lloyd Leisure, acquired in 2007 from Whitbread
- 90 care homes, formerly managed by Southern Cross until 2011, to be managed by Orchard Care Homes in the North and Minster in the South-East
- Cliveden, purchased from the collapsed Von Essen Hotels group in February 2012. The Livingstones withdrew from parallel negotiations to buy the Royal Crescent hotel.
- Crowne Plaza hotel in Cambridge was bought for more than €45m from the former Sean Quinn Group in August 2012.
Current development projects
- A development of 750 apartments with hotel and leisure facilities at Greenwich Peninsula
- A hotel and office development in Novosibirsk, Russia
- The Panama Pacifico, a US $700 million mini-city on the banks of the Panama Canal
- London & Regional Properties, official website
- Rossiter, James (8 February 2007). "UK developer wins $700m Panama contract". The Times (London). Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Neate, Rupert (2 September 2011). "Property magnates poised to buy Profumo mansion Cliveden". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- Reynolds, John (27 November 2011). "Anglo-backed hotel was sold to ex-Anglo banker". Irish Independent. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- London & Regional Properties Ltd, Business Week. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Portfolio, L&R website
- "Brothers' £2.9 bn empire". The Mail on Sunday. 30 July 2006. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Whitbread sells David Lloyd gyms, BBC News, 4 June 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Southern Cross wins new rent reprieve worth £18m, This is Money, 4 September 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Evening Standard. 2 February 2012. p. 16. "The brothers completed the deal on Cliveden last Thursday after months of negotiation and formally announced the purchase this morning"
- Offers made on two-thirds of von Essen hotels, This is Bath, 5 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- Harmer, Janet (30 January 2012). "Cliveden sale to complete tomorrow as new owners promise to return property's sparkle". Caterer & Hotelkeeper. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- Cranston, Stephen (17 July 2011). "South Africa's Public Investment Corporation begins to look outward". Financial Times. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- http://www.lrp.co.uk/ - official website