London Buses route 10
|Garage||Stamford Brook (V)|
|Peak vehicle requirement||23|
|Start||Hammersmith bus station|
Hyde Park Corner
|Length||7 miles (11 km)|
|Journey time||36-74 minutes|
Route 10 commenced on 13 August 1988 to replace route 73 between Hammersmith and Hyde Park Corner following the latter being diverted to Victoria. The initial route was between Hammersmith and King's Cross, and was run by the London United division. In April 1989, an allocation was introduced from the London Northern garage at Holloway. Route 10 was extended to the back of Holloway garage via York Way and Brecknock Road. Initially this section did not run during early mornings, late evenings or Sundays, but a Sunday service was later added. Some journeys were then extended to Archway rather than terminating in Tufnell Park. These were then withdrawn, but were reinstated following the withdrawal of local route C12 in 1998.
As part of a restructure of services in the lead up to the introduction of the congestion charging, on 1 February 2003 route 10 was split in two: the route between Archway and Kings Cross, and as far as Marble Arch, was taken over by new route 390, and route 10 shortened to serve only its original route between Hammersmith and King's Cross. Route 390 continued to be operated by Metroline with the AEC Routemasters which had operated route 10, while the new route 10 was operated by First London with Alexander ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TLs.
Upon being re-tendered, on 30 January 2010 the route passed to Transdev London. Route 10 was converted to 24-hour operation with a half hourly night service being added, replacing route N10 with the section between Hammersmith and Richmond replaced by a night service on the now 24-hour route 33.
- Hammersmith bus station
- Kensington Olympia station
- High Street Kensington station
- Knightsbridge tube station
- Hyde Park Corner station
- Marble Arch station
- Tottenham Court Road station
- Euston bus station
- Kings Cross station
- King's Cross Wharfdale Road
- Route 10 londonbusroutes.net
- Blacker, Ken (2007). Routemaster: 1970–2005 2 (2nd ed.). Harrow Weald: Capital Transport. pp. 96, 165. ISBN 978-1-85414-303-7.
- Routes 10 and 390 London Bus Page 1 February 2004
- "New night bus services in west London". Transport for London. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Mayor launches the 'Year of the Bus' to celebrate vital part of London's transport network". TfL. 27 January 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Hoscik, Martin (27 January 2014). "Boris announces "Year of the Bus" celebrations, including 60th anniversary of the Routemaster". MayorWatch. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Lynch, Gerald (27 January 2014). "A Silver Routemaster Will be the Star of London's "Year of the Bus"". Gizmodo. Retrieved 27 January 2014.