London Buses route 131
|Vehicle||Dennis Trident 2 9.9m / Alexander ALX400|
|Peak vehicle requirement||20|
|Night-time||Night Bus N87|
|Start||Tooting Broadway Station|
|Length||8 miles (13 km)|
|Frequency||About every 8–12 minutes|
|Journey time||35–59 minutes|
|Operates||05:00 until 01:00|
This route dates back to 1949. In the early 1990s, the route was withdrawn between Kingston and West Molesey. On 30 June 2007, the route was extended from Wimbledon to Tooting Broadway via South Wimbledon and Colliers Wood.
On 16 December 2013, a man was killed by a double-decker bus on route 131 in Tooting Broadway. The route was operated by London United at the time. On 23 December 2013, another bus on route 131 was involved in an accident. The out-of-service bus in Kingston was damaged after it hit a railway bridge.
- Tooting Broadway Station
- Tooting High Street
- Colliers Wood Station
- Merton High Street
- South Wimbledon Station
- Wimbledon Station and Tramlink
- Raynes Park Station
- New Malden
- Kingston Fairfield Bus Station
- Churchill, David (17 December 2013). "Man is killed by bus while crossing the road outside Tooting Broadway Tube station". Evening Standard. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Rucki, Alexandra (17 December 2013). "Horrified commuters saw man hit by bus in Tooting High Street". Wandsworth Guardian. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- De Peyer, Robin (16 December 2013). "Man dies after being hit by a bus in Tooting". Evening Standard. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Bus hits railway bridge in Kingston after wrong turn". BBC. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Champion, Matthew (23 December 2013). "Double-decker bus crashes into bridge after wrong turn". Metro. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Blundy, Rachel (23 December 2013). "Roof of double decker bus is ripped off after it hits railway bridge in Kingston". Evening Standard. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to London Buses route 131.|