London Buses route 283
|Garage||Park Royal (PK)|
|Via||Shepherd's Bush Green
|End||London Wetland Centre|
Route 283 commenced operating on 29 January 1983 between East Acton and Fulham Broadway via Shepherd's Bush Green and Hammersmith. On 31 March 1984, it was diverted from Fulham Broadway to West Brompton.
On 23 February 1991, route 283 was withdrawn between Hammersmith and West Brompton, being replaced by route 190. From 18 July 1992, it was extended from Hammersmith to Barnes via the Hammersmith Bridge and Castelnau. This extension was withdrawn on 22 May 1993, being reintroduced on 30 May 1998.
On 28 May 2000, the route was diverted at Castlenau to terminate at the London Wetland Centre. Upon being re-tendered, London United successfully retained the route with a new contract commencing on 23 February 2002.
- East Acton
- East Acton station
- Shepherd's Bush Green for Shepherd's Bush station
- Hammersmith bus station
- London Wetlands Centre
- LRT contractor orders Scanias Commercial Motor 11 January 1986 page 15
- London routes farmed out Commercial Motor 30 March 1989 page 19
- Bus tender results Route 283 Transport for London 11 August 2008
- NSL sells London buses to Transdev Bus & Coach Professional 24 November 2009
- Annual Report 2009 Transdev
- Bus tender results Route 283 Transport for London 10 October 2013
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 25 December 2013