London Buses route 331
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
Mount Vernon Hospital
|Length||14 miles (23 km)|
Route 331 commenced operating on 1 October 1994, between Ruislip and Uxbridge stations. via Northwood, Mount Vernon Hospital, Harefield and Denham replacing the withdrawn section of route U1 between Ruislip and Harefield, and withdrawn route 348 between Northwood and Uxbridge. It was initially operated by Luton & District from the former London Country North West garage in Garston with Leyland Olympians. However on 6 July 1996, the route passed to London Buslines, who became part of First London in July 1998.
Route 331 was transferred to CentreWest's Uxbridge garage in 1998. In 2001, the route was converted to low-floor operation with new Marshall Capital bodied Dennis Dart SLFs.
In March 2008, a batch of new Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Darts were introduced. These were on loan and were due to be delivered to First London's Dagenham garage for route 498 on 28 June 2008. Further brand new Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Darts took their place on 5 July 2008, when route 331's new contract with First London started following its renewal in August 2007.
A popular driver on the route, Robert Cherry, was killed when another bus crushed him against the bus in the depot.
Upon being re-tendered, the route was retained by Metroline with a new contract commencing on 4 July 2015.
- Ruislip station
- Ruislip Lido
- Northwood station
- Mount Vernon Hospital
- Uxbridge station
- McLachlan, Tom (1995). London Buses 1985-1995: Managing The Change. Venture Publications. p. 92. ISBN 1-898432-74-0.
- McLachlan p.109
- Bus Tender Results Route 331 Transport for London 23 August 2007
- Explore Hillingdon
- Siba Matti (23 Dec 2009), Family's relief at bus death verdict, Uxbridge Gazette
- FirstGroup Announces Sale of Eight London Bus Depots FirstGroup 9 April 2013
- Aberdeen firm FirstGroup sells off depots for £80m BBC News 9 April 2013
- First quits London bus business Bus & Coach Professional 9 April 2013
- Tender News Bus Talk issue 31 December 2014 (Go-Ahead London)
- Media related to London Buses route 331 at Wikimedia Commons