London Buses route 465
|Vehicle||Optare Versa 11.1m|
|Peak vehicle requirement||6|
|Night-time||No night service|
|Length||15 miles (24 km)|
|Journey time||50-85 minutes|
|Operates||05:15 until 00:33|
From around the mid-1990s, service 465 was operated by London & Country. Upon being re-tendered, it passed to Tellings-Golden Miller on 1 May 1999 and was extended past Kingston to Tellings' Fulwell Bus Garage. On 17 June 2005, route 465 was included in the sale of Tellings-Golden Miller to Travel London.
In May 2006 the route was curtailed at Kingston and replaced by a new, less frequent route 481, despite a protest by a local group to keep the service.
Upon being re-tendered, on 30 June 2007 the route passed to Arriva Guildford & West Surrey. The contract change also saw the route withdrawn from Penrhyn Road in Kingston, due to complaints from residents over the number of buses using the road. The replacement route is via Surbiton Road and Portsmouth Road.
On 3 October 2009, route 465 was included in the sale of Arriva Guildford & West Surrey's Horsham operation to Metrobus. It was the only Transport for London contract to be worked out of the company's Crawley garage.
- Preliminary Results Year Ended 31 December 2005 Tellings-Golden Miller 5 April 2006
- 465 protesters ignored as bus route scrapped Richmond & Twickenham Times 5 May 2006
- Bus service changes June 2007 Surrey County Council
- Go-Ahead to acquire Arriva's Horsham bus Bus & Coach Professional 3 September 2009
- Orders placed for new buses Epsom Coaches 12 October 2011
- Media related to London Buses route 465 at Wikimedia Commons