London Buses route 485
|Garage||Waterside Way (PL)|
|Start||Hammersmith bus station|
|Length||5 miles (8.0 km)|
Route 485 commenced operating on 25 July 1998 between Richmond bus station and Ham via North Sheen, Mortlake, Barnes Common, Roehampton, Norbiton and Kingston. It was a minibus service operated by Arriva replacing route K6.
On 5 May 2001 the route passed to Armchair Passenger Transport. On the same date it was withdrawn between Roehampton and Kingston, being replaced by route K3. From 11 January 2003, route 485 was withdrawn between Barnes Common and Roehampton and rerouted to Wandsworth via Putney Common.
Upon being re-tendered, the route passed to London General's Putney garage on 29 April 2006. On the same date it was rerouted at Barnes to Hammersmith bus station in lieu of Richmond. On 13 January 2007, it was relocated from Putney to Waterside Way garage. London General successfully tendered to retain the route with a new contract commencing in April 2013.
- National Express Group purchases the London Bus Division of Tellings Golden Miller National Express Group 1 June 2005
- Interim Report for the Six Months Ended 30 June 2006 Tellings Golden Miller Group
- Arriva to acquire Tellings Bus & Coach Professional 20 December 2007
- Bus tender results Route 485 Transport for London 30 November 2005
- Bus tender results Route 485 Transport for London 19 July 2012