London Buses route 70
|Garage||Westbourne Park (X)|
|Start||South Kensington station|
|Length||8 miles (13 km)|
Route 70 commenced operating on 2 March 1991 between South Kensington station and Acton via Notting Hill, Bayswater, Ladbroke Grove and East Acton. It was operated by CentreWest's Westbourne Park garage.
Upon being re-tendered, it passed to Thorpes on 14 June 2000. Route 70 was included in the 3 August 2004 sale of Thorpes to Metroline. Thorpes successfully tendered to retain the route with a new contract commencing on 25 June 2005.
- South Kensington station
- Notting Hill Gate station
- Bayswater station
- Ladbroke Grove station
- East Acton station
- Acton Central station
- Acton Market Place
- History Metroline
- Bus tender results Route 70 Transport for London 22 November 2004
- Bus tender results Route 70 Transport for London 15 September 2011
- FirstGroup Announces Sale of Eight London Bus Depots FirstGroup 9 April 2013
- Aberdeen firm FirstGroup sells off depots for £80m BBC News 9 April 2013
- Date set for Aussie takeover of London bus routes Australasian Bus & Coach 14 June 2013
- "Bus Service proposals: Extension of route 70 and new stops for route 27". Transport for London. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
Media related to London Buses route 70 at Wikimedia Commons