London Buses route 94
|Garage||Shepherd's Bush (S)|
|Vehicle||Dennis Trident 2 10.5m / Alexander ALX400
Alexander Dennis Enviro400H Hybrid 10.1m
|Peak vehicle requirement||30|
|Length||6 miles (10 km)|
|Frequency||About every 5-10 minutes|
|Journey time||29-59 minutes|
|London Transport portal|
The 94 was a new route in 1990 to replace the withdrawn section of route 88 between Acton Green & Oxford Circus, it then ran parallel to route 88 to Trafalgar Square (Sundays only). In 1991 it was diverted to East Acton DuCane Road to increase the service because Shepherd's Bush lost the allocation of route 12 and was extended at all times to Trafalgar Square. It was withdrawn between Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square in 1996. Route 94 diverted via Uxbridge Road to Shepherd's Bush Princess Victoria (Monday to Friday am peak) in 1998, but this section was withdrawn in 2001.
Route 94 gained a night service in the form of N94. The 'N' prefix was dropped in 2004, thus becoming a "24-hour route".
The 94 was operated using Routemaster buses until January 2004, when they were replaced by new low-floor vehicles. Twenty Alexander Dennis Enviro400 double-deck hybrid buses entered service on the route in late 2010.
The route operates to a very high frequency, which can lead to large numbers of buses stopping together at the Acton Green terminus. In January 2010, following complaints by residents, a proposal was made to relocate the terminus of the route. However, this did not ultimately take place.
Cultural significance 
Route 94 was featured on the BBC Radio 4 program Today in December 2003 as part of a story by guest editor Gillian Reynolds on the withdrawal of the Routemaster. It also appeared on the front of the annual Britain's Buses calendar for the same year.
Current route 
- Acton Green Duke of Sussex
- The Avenue for Turnham Green Station
- Goldhawk Road Station
- Shepherd's Bush Green for Shepherd's Bush Stations
- Holland Park Station
- Notting Hill Gate Station
- Queensway Station
- Lancaster Gate Station
- Marble Arch Station
- Bond Street Station for Selfridges
- Oxford Circus Station
- Piccadilly Circus Station
- Piccadilly Circus Charles 2nd Street
See also 
- Route 94 busesatwork.co.uk
- BBC News | England | London | Routemaster on road to extinction
- Aldridge, John (February 2011). "Hybrids and artic replacements in tender awards bonanza". Buses Magazine (Ian Allan Publishing) (671): 18–19.
- Ealing Council Threatens to Remove Acton Green Bus Stand | RMT London Calling
- My day with the entire Beeb at my disposal - Telegraph