London Buses route E8
|Vehicle||Alexander Dennis Enviro200Dart 10.2m
Dennis Trident 2 9.9m / Plaxton President
|Peak vehicle requirement||10|
|Night-time||No night service|
|Length||5 miles (8.0 km)|
|Journey time||19-32 minutes|
|Operates||04:20 until 01:54|
Route E8 was introduced in 1990 to replace the discontinued section of route E1 between Ealing Broadway and Brentford. Along with route E2, it links Brentford town centre with Brentford station and the nearby stations on the Piccadilly line.
As with the other E-Line routes, it used Wright Nimbus bodied Renault S75 minibuses. On 27 March 1993, Hanwell garage closed, and its routes and the buses were transferred to the new Greenford garage.
When tendered in 1997, route E8 passed to Armchair Passenger Transport with Plaxton Pointer bodied Dennis Dart SLFs. After being retained by Armchair upon being re-tendered in 2002 the route was upgraded with new dual-door Plaxton Pointer 2 bodied Dennis Dart SLFs. Route E8 was included in the sale November 2004 sale of Armchair to Metroline.
The route was tendered again in 2009, and retained by Metroline. The new contract was operated using hybrid Optare Tempos which started operation in March 2009 alongside Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Darts operating out of Brentford garage.
- Ealing Broadway station
- Uxbridge Road
- Boston Manor station
- Brentford station
- Brentford Commerce Road
- Route E8 londonbusroutes.net
- Brentford Area Action Plan (PDF), May 2007
- History Metroline
- ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited Announcement ComfortDelGro
- Armchair bought by Metroline Bus & Coach Professional 26 November 2004
- Bus tender results | Transport for London - October 2008
- Malcolm Young, Tony Wilson, Colin Stannard (2009), London Buses in 2009, pp. 5,31
- Hybrid buses | Transport for London