|Headquarters||Richmond, British Columbia|
|Products||Electronics, grocery, pharmaceuticals, health/beauty, photofinishing, insurance services, furniture, toys, and housewares.|
London Drugs is a chain of Canadian retail stores with headquarters in Richmond, British Columbia. Its primary focus is on pharmaceuticals, electronics, housewares and cosmetics, with a limited selection of grocery items. As of June 2013, the chain had 77 stores in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia.
London Drugs was founded in 1945 as a small drugstore in Vancouver, British Columbia by Sam Bass. Later the store was sold to an American then back to a Canadian. In 1976 the business was acquired by the H.Y. Louie Group under the direction of President Tong Louie.
In 2014, London Drugs falsely accused its client Andy Fiore, an award-winning documentary filmmaker with paranoid schizophrenia, of theft; the incident led to unfavourable media coverage and threats of litigation.
A private company, London Drugs management consists of Chairman Brandt C. Louie, former President and CEO Wynne Powell who has stepped down after 32 years with the company, CFO Laird Miller, and Vice President of Retail Operations and Distribution Clint Mahlman. It is entirely Canadian-owned.
London Drugs markets its own brand of products and services under the following labels.
|Name||Type of Product|
|London Drugs||Health Products, Furniture, Home ware, Food|
|London Naturals||Vitamins and Medicines|
|London Home||Furniture, Dinnerware|
|London Premiere||Cosmetic Products|
|LD Insurance||Insurance Services|
|London Spa||Spa Services|
|CustomWorks||Entertainment System Installation|
Of the chain's 77 stores, 50 are located in British Columbia, most in Greater Vancouver. In Alberta there are 21 stores, including nine in the Edmonton Capital Region, eight in the Calgary Region, and four in other communities. In Saskatchewan, 2 in Regina, 2 in Saskatoon and 1 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- "London Drugs: Store Locator". www.londondrugs.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Company History". londondrugs.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- The Greater Vancouver Book, p.51. 1997, Linkman Press, Vancouver, BC
- "Answers.com". Answers.com. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- "London Drugs Lays the Groundwork For Growth With Network Modeling". Supplychainbrain.com. 2005-01-09. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- Certified Data www.cdata.ca/
- LD Insurance www.ldinsurance.ca
- London Spa www.londondrugs.com
- CustomWorks http://www.customworks.ca/