|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
|'The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
The Suite Life on Deck' character
London in "Bon Voyage" London Leah Tipton
|First appearance||"Hotel Hangout"|
|Last appearance||"Graduation on Deck"|
|Created by||Georgina Mutabazi|
|Portrayed by||Brenda Song (regular)
Haley Tju (young London)
|Nickname(s)||Princess (by Mr. Tipton)
Airhead Heiress (by Maddie)
Owner/Manager (The Cluck Bucket)
Owner/head of the "Simply London Cosmetics"
Owner of "London's Swimsuit Line"
Former owner of "London's Boutique" At The Tipton
Owner of "One of a Kind Clothes"
|Family||Wilfred Tipton (father)
Louise Tipton (former stepmother; unseen)
Brandi Tipton (former stepmother)
Yolanda (former stepsister)
Karina Tipton (former stepmother)
Khun Yai (Grandmother)
(Unnamed biological mother)
15 additional stepmothers
|Significant other(s)||Lance Fishman (ex-boyfriend)|
|Relatives||Rome Tipton (great-great-great-great grandson)|
British (for tax purposes)
Prince Percival Persimmon DuLoc (Ivana and Scamp's puppy)
|Cat||"Cat" (revealed in "Club Twin")|
London Leah Tipton is a main character in Disney's Suite Life franchise which consisted of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and its sequel The Suite Life on Deck. London has also appeared on cross-over episodes of other Disney series, such as Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven and Hannah Montana and the special, Studio DC: Almost Live.
The character is portrayed by Brenda Song, who was offered the starring female role without an audition. Song describes the character as being complex and has stated London Tipton is her fantasy character. The character is presented as a ditzy, privileged girl with hidden depth. She is the daughter of Wilfred Tipton, the owner of the Tipton Hotel chain and the SS Tipton. Along with Dylan and Cole Sprouse, she has appeared in every episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck.
Television series background
London Tipton is the only child of business icon Wilfred Tipton. Her mother, who has never been named, is of Thai origin; her father is American, though he claims British citizenship for income tax purposes. She was born and raised in wealth and high society, and is heiress to the Tipton corporate empire (which includes the Tipton hotel chain and many other companies, including several record labels). It is revealed in The Suite Life on Deck episode "A London Carol" that London used to love helping people and every Christmas she and Moseby used to always go to the homeless shelter.
London wears the latest designer clothing. She had a tough childhood, because her father was always busy and married many times. The Suite Life on Deck reveals that her father married a girl named Karina because London wanted her out of her way of her relationship with a magician on the ship. London herself says that Karina is her father's fourteenth wife. It is also said in the finale of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody that her father has been married a dozen times in the past.
Her father did not attend any of London's performances because he was supposedly very busy, as revealed by London to Maddie in the episode "Lip Synchin' in the Rain." As she grew older, she started to cover the emptiness her father created by his absence with shopping, as Maddie discovers in the episode "Kisses & Basketball". Maddie claims that London buys clothes only to cope with feelings of emptiness. In The Suite Life on Deck episode "The Beauty and the Fleeced", London admits to shopping when she is depressed.
She was miserable during her early childhood years, because her father was never around when she needed him. She refers to this in the episode "Poor Little Rich Girl", when the Tipton family loses all of their money; and also in the episode "The Prince & The Plunger", when London's school hosted a father-daughter dance.
At the age of 15, she met Maddie Fitzpatrick, who eventually becomes her best friend. At one point, London enrolled at Maddie's Catholic school, Our Lady Of Perpetual Sorrow. Later on in the series, London was expelled because she did not attend her classes, so she is forced to go to Cheevers High School. Then her father has her attend Seven Seas High, a high school program on the SS Tipton, because on a ship, she will not be able escape to another place (except by helicopter or submarine, but Miss Tuttweiler and Mr. Moseby monitor both her escape routes closely). London also is not so smart. In The Suite Life on Deck episode "Sea Monster Mash", she says that Maddie used to do all the work for her, but in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Cody Martin helps her with her project, but she ends up working with Nia and they make French fries with their projects combined.
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Although her father is never seen (usually never more than an arm behind his security force, which stands on all sides), he is frequently mentioned. London is an air-headed heiress, and leads a wild-girl, fabulous life as heiress of the Tipton Estate. She is a spoiled, rich, and full-of-herself teenager with her own private suite at the Tipton Hotel in Boston, complete with floors full of closets (each with its own obsequious talking mirror), and a kitchen that takes up most of the floor. Her best friend is Maddie Fitzpatrick whom London often tries to bribe with money and other valuables. She is also very good friends with Zack and Cody. Though London can often be seen as a superficial snob who disrespects lower-class people, she does make exceptions for those whom she really cares about and has been shown to be somewhat loyal to her friends. She loves fashion, and states that she has been wearing designer outfits since she was a baby, and usually never wears the same outfit twice. She has a Pomeranian named Ivana Tipton who is treated like royalty. Since London has no nanny, or any adult to look out for her, she often looks to the Tipton employees for help and/or guidance. She dislikes her stepmothers and talks to Mr. Moseby, Maddie and sometimes, Carey about her problems. When happy, London tends to clap her hands repeatedly and jump up and down while saying her catchphrase, "Yay me!" Though it seems like London may lead the ultimate rich-girl life, her childhood was far less than perfect.
London has attended several private schools, but shows very little effort in her school work. She transferred to the same private school as Maddie in the episode Forever Plaid, due to poor attendance at her old school ("And they even expect me to go on Fridays!"). In the episode First Day of High School, London transfers to Zack and Cody's public school, due to being expelled from all of the private schools she had previously attended. London's worst subject in school would probably be language arts, since she doesn't like reading and often claims to have trouble with the alphabet. As stated earlier, London has below average intelligence. She is confused with many things, and is tricked by many characters such as Maddie and Nia. London, apparently, has some belief in certain mythological aspects; Maddie and Esteban once tricked her into doing many idiotic things by changing her horoscope. Though, annoyed by some characters, London being gullible is found to be quite an advantage in difficult situations. It is also revealed in one episode that she must think before doing the smallest everyday actions. For example, she was walking through the lobby while thinking "left, right, blink, breathe" in the episode Super Twins.
Having such a glamorous lifestyle, London also has trouble with anything that involves hard work, which is something her dad encourages her to do sometimes (much to the dismay of London), usually because of her frivolous money spending. London's poor ability is often caused by her lack of effort and understanding, as it's normally easy for her to get her own way in life. Though sometimes she'll put her ego aside, and show she can do more than she's given credit for, which shows her to being occasionally smart and/or selfless. Though curiously, her stupidity seems to have increased during Season 3.
London has her own web-show, ever since the episode Tiptonline. The original producer of Yay Me, Starring London Tipton was Cody Martin. After Cody quit, due to crazy things London made him do on set, London's friend Chelsea Brimmer became the producer, but Chelsea left after one webshow because she was a horrible producer and the fans demanded they bring Cody back. London then realized how she needed Cody and apologized to him on the air. After Cody saw the show, he rushed to London's suite in the middle of the show and stated that he would return. However, whenever Cody was unavailable, Maddie often filled in as a substitute, and soon became the official producer. London continues to do her webshow on the SS Tipton, with Woody Fink as her producer.
She does not see her parents often, only occasionally, but she often talks to them on the telephone. London says that Mr. Moseby appears more times in her family’s photo albums than Mr. Tipton or any of his ex-wives. Her parents cannot stand each other, apparently, since Mr. Moseby put them not only in different rooms when they stayed at the hotel, but in different wings.
Although she is not of Jewish descent, London observes Hanukkah. In "Big Hair & Baseball", while she and Carey swoon as the New York Yankees check into the Tipton, she says of the players, "They're even cuter than that hockey team Daddy bought me for Hanukkah". In "Cookin' with Romeo and Juliet", London states that she is used to getting everything she wants on her birthday, Christmas, and Hanukkah. When Maddie points out that, as London is not Jewish, she should not be able to celebrate Hanukkah, London replies "And miss out on 8 days of presents? Not this Shiksa". Throughout the series, London peppers her speech with other Yiddish vernacular, such as "Oy Vey", "Plotz", and "Mazel Tov".
London hates to work out but has been shown to be very strong in several episodes. She is also tone deaf, but still likes to sing. It is revealed in "Super Twins" she is also easily hypnotized, which is also shown in The Suite Life on Deck.
The Suite Life on Deck
London journeys onto the SS Tipton with the belief that she is on a vacation, until she is informed otherwise by Mr. Moseby that it is for her to attend Seven Seas High (or as London refers to it "stupid sea-school") so she can attend school properly without skipping class. London bitterly sees this as more as a punishment than an opportunity. When London finds out later that she has to share a cabin, she bribes her cabin-mate, Padma, with jewellery to leave in "The Suite Life Sets Sail", so she can have her own cabin. At the end of the episode, Bailey Pickett is revealed to be a girl, which prompts her to be assigned in London's half-vacant cabin. This pushes a stubborn London to escape the SS Tipton via helicopter to Parrot Island, after bribing an employee. Therefore, in the following episode, the ship makes a special journey to the island to rescue her, as she has been imprisoned because Tipton Industries cut down Parrot Island's trees, which made the native parrots immigrate to Seal Island close by. Later, she writes a check for 10 million to rehabilitate the island, and resumes residence on SS Tipton.
At the school, London is treated like a regular student. In order to skid her way through school, London has often tried to bribe the teacher (such as handing in a blank report with $100 bills on each page). However, she has been seen putting a little more effort into her school work, and even states in the episode "Sea Monster Mash" that she enjoys having a feeling of accomplishment. London is also slightly smarter than what she was in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, as seen in multiple episodes (though she still retains the ditzy demeanor). Also despite her frequent attempts to escape the SS Tipton so she can resume her normal free life, London has found ways to adapt on the ship. Since London now has limited closet space in her cabin, it is mentioned that most of her clothes are carried by a submarine that follows the ship, though she continues to find more room.
London quickly establishes a tenuous friendship with Bailey. In Broke N' Yo-Yo, she moves Bailey to a cramped loft near the ceiling of the cabin, and Bailey retaliates by faking an attack of fictional "Sea Snarks", but eventually comes clean and they agree to share the cabin equally. London later reunites with Ivana, her dog, flown in by a helicopter in The Kidney of the Sea, and Cody referees an intelligence competition between her dog and Bailey's pet, Porkers the pig, but in the end Ivana and Porkers end in a draw. London occasionally mistreats Bailey such as humiliating her using her webshow, "Yay Me" on a segment called "Boo You". Despite this, London means well as a friend and Bailey is willing to forgive her.
Although London admits that she doesn't "do things for other people", she has often attempted to do many generous things, with unfortunate results. In "Mom and Dad On Deck", she hoped to find Moseby the perfect gift for his birthday, but resulted into her annoyingly following him everywhere in order to find out what he likes. She even tried to nurse Moseby after he got injured slipping on the sky deck, but only ends up making him feel crowded. In the same episode, it is revealed that it takes her half-an-hour to read one page in even the simplest books (she reads 'The Pokey Little Princess' to Moseby, and her problem is revealed). In the season two episode "Smarticle Particles", Bailey tricks London into doing well in school by giving her a "smart perfume", to which London responds to as planned. However, London finds out later that the perfume is fake, and is upset that her 'smarticles' weren't real, and she states while crying that she cant be smart now, and that she likes "being smart" Bailey then cheers her up with a "smart lipstick", which London happily uses. This shows that London is actually very bright but lacks enough confidence to believe so. But other instances conclude that she doesn't know very much at all (e.g., in "So You Think You Can Date?", when she's mentioned the number of her father's marriages she holds up six fingers, though clearly saying "eight"). In "Family Thais", the gang travels to Thailand, where London meets her grandmother, and at first is upset, and disgusted after finding out that she was a farmer. In "Lost at Sea" London pretends to go insane and that she's on an island resort in order not to have to do any work. After they finally escape the island in a balloon made out of her clothes and fly back to the SS Tipton, she reveals her deception and makes Cody and Bailey acknowledge she's a lot smarter than they give her credit for. She is also seen to be precise with her hands, such as when she repaired a small boat with various eyebrow care products in "Shipwrecked".
In the season three episode "Silent Treatment", after Bailey is ready to go onto the Sky Deck carrying a cat in a dress, London snaps Bailey out of her depression after her breakup with Cody by calling Bailey young, smart and pretty which she responds to in shock. In "My Oh Maya", London pretends to be Zack's ex-girlfriend to help him get a girl and pretends to be Marcus' wife to get Dante (Marcus' identity thief) off the ship. It isn't revealed whether or not she did it for free but it can be assumed that because she is maturing she did it without cost. Since then she has been displaying continuous signs of attraction towards Zack. In the last episode, it was shown she would miss Mr. Moseby, since he was the one that raised her. Her last line in the series is "Little me, off to Paris", in a French accent, apparently trying to sound rich, smart, and sophisticated.
- Yolanda (unseen) One of London's former stepsisters. In "Poor Little Rich Girl", London called her on her cell phone, looking for a place to sleep. Yolanda refuses because London never helped her. London refers to her as 'sis'.
- Khun Yai (played by Elizabeth Sung) London's grandmother and Mrs. Tipton's mother from Thailand. London visits her in the On Deck episode "Family Thais", where London is surprised to find out that her grandmother is a poor rice farmer. London tries to connect with her grandmother by giving Khun Yai a makeover and redesigning her hut with expensive furniture and appliances. However, Khun Yai is uncomfortable with all the luxuries, which confuses London. After talking with Bailey, London learns to accept her grandmother's lifestyle and the two share a close bond unlike any relationship London has with the rest of her family. Khun Yai also has a pet elephant who she can understand well, similar to London's relationship with Ivana.
- Rome Tipton (played by George Takei) is London's great-great-great-great-great grandson, whom London met in the episode "Starship Tipton" when she and the gang traveled into the future. He is the heir of Tipton Industries. He is a resident on the Starship Tipton, apparently, despite being an adult, still attends school upon the ship due to being held back "a few" years. At the end of the episode he accidentally walks out the door and hurtles out into space.
- Wilfred Tipton (voiced by Bob Joles in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody; played by John Michael Higgins in The Suite Life on Deck) - The owner of the Tipton hotel and father to London. His face had never been shown until the third part of the Twister trilogy. He is most commonly seen surrounded by his bodyguards and usually only his hand is shown. In "Not so Suite 16", his body and legs were shown, but his face was hidden by a large birthday present. It is not clear how he became the owner of the Tipton, because London mentions many times that her father bought the hotel. However, in a few episodes, it is said that Tipton's ancestors owned the hotel first before he did. In the episode "Rock Star in the House", Wilfred is very strict about London's behavior when it comes to celebrities in that he doesn't want her near them (which he has tried to enforce since an incident involving Orlando Bloom). Wifred also has great concern for London's growing and well-being and often wants her to have a better work-ethic in school. He also hopes for her to learn the proper value of money; he often threatens to have her dis-inherited. His hand was once seen in the episode "Lip Synchin' in the Rain" in which he was wearing a diamond ring. Wilfred Tipton has a history of marrying much younger women without London's consent, most of whom do not last long. In fact, the warranty of Wilfred's wedding gifts (given by Mr. Moseby) lasted longer than the marriages. In "Twister: Part III" Mr. Tipton arrives on Kettlecorn to discuss providing financial aid for them after a tornado caused them damage. Later in the same episode he buys the Pickett's farm which he later returns to its rightful owners.
|This article is outdated. (January 2011)|
- Mrs. Tipton (unseen) London's mother and Mr. Tipton's third ex-wife. Divorced from Mr. Tipton and remarried, she visited London's sweet sixteen party but remains unseen. According to London, her mother never stays in one place for long, seeming to disappear off the face of the Earth. According to Mr. Moseby, she has extremely strong arms. In "Twister: Part 3" she was said to be Mr. Tipton's third wife.
- Stepmother 1 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's fourth ex-wife. She thought she and Mr. Tipton would be together for a long time.
- Stepmother 2 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's fifth ex-wife. She believed she and Mr. Tipton were soul mates. They were divorced and remarried
- Louise Tipton (Stepmother 3) (unseen) Mr. Tipton's sixth ex-wife. She was with Mr. Tipton for the shortest time. She refers to London as "that kid" and London refers to her as "that woman". She was mentioned in "A London Carol", where London said she only hugged her once just to pick her pocket.
- Stepmother 4 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's seventh ex-wife.
- Brandi Tipton (Stepmother 5) (played by T Lopez) Mr. Tipton's eighth ex-wife seen in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody episode "What the Hey". She was Mr. Tipton's assistant. She comes to visit London, but they do not get along well. Over the course of the episode they become friendlier to each other. Brandi, out of all the stepmothers, has been shown to have the most concern for London. They were remarried and redivorced. In "Mr. Tipton Comes To Visit", it is suggested that he has remarried when London says "All 12 of Daddy's wedding cakes have been that flavor (German Chocolate)".
- Stepmother 6 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's ninth ex-wife. Mr. Moseby revealed that he was the best man at their wedding in "Twister Part 3".
- Stepmother 7 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's tenth ex-wife. She was Mr. Tipton's assistant.
- Stepmother 8 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's eleventh ex-wife.
- Stepmother 9 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's twelfth ex-wife.
- Stepmother 10 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's thirteenth ex-wife. London refers to her as "Mommy #11".
- Stepmother 11 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's fourteenth ex-wife. London refers to her as "Mommy #12".
- Stepmother 12 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's fifteenth ex-wife.
- Karina Tipton (Stepmother 13) (played by Briana Lane) Mr. Tipton's sixteenth ex-wife. She appears in the episode Ala-ka-scram! on The Suite Life on Deck as the magician's assistant. London and Armando start dating, so London gets jealous of Karina and tells her dad to "get rid of her", but he marries her instead.
- Stepmother 14 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's seventeenth ex-wife.
- Stepmother 15 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's eighteenth ex-wife.
- Stepmother 16 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's nineteenth ex-wife.
- Stepmother 17 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's twentieth ex-wife.
- Stepmother 18 (unseen) Mr. Tipton's current wife.
- Justin Russo (David Henrie) in Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana. He named himself "Dr. Fossil" to get London to like him so she wouldn't think he was a 'nerd.'
- Brandon (Tahj Mowry) - One of London's first boyfriends was Brandon, who appeared in the episode Scary Movie. Brandon does not date wealthy girls and despises wealthy families, therefore London lies about being a Tipton and tells Brandon she is a poor Tipton Hotel employee. In the end, Brandon finds out London is lying and asks her why. When she tells him that she liked him and knew he hated rich people Brandon says that he doesn't like rich people when they're mean but likes London because she's nice. Somehow he was never seen or mentioned again.
- Lance Fishman (Aaron Musicant) - a marine-obsessed life-guard at the Tipton, was Maddie and London's ex-boyfriend. In the third season of the series, in the episode Sink or Swim, London had a crush on Lance immediately as he taught her to swim; later, they kiss and start to date. In the episode Who's The Boss?, London was ashamed of Lance, as he did not know how to behave in high society. Later, however, they accepted each other the way they were. Despite this, they broke up in the episode The Arwin That Came to Dinner because Lance felt that they didn't have much in common and he liked another girl. Many refer to him as "Fish Boy".
- Kyle (Daniel Booko) - seen in the episode "Maddie Checks In". Kyle is the friend of Jason who Maddie likes. They come from rich families.
- Joe (John E. Jimmo) - seen in Volley Dad, she had a crush on him. She was in love with him until she saw Maddie kissing him.
- Todd St. Mark (Ben Ziff) - the son of the owner of the rival hotel to the Tipton. He and London have a Romeo and Juliet-like relationship as their fathers hate each other and forbid them from seeing each other. Ilsa, the St. Mark Hotel Manager, forbids them from seeing each other, and has a close eye on them. They met at a dental convention that was held at the Tipton (Todd had to sneak out in order to go as he wished to be a dentist). Maddie tried to help them meet because she was sure that their love was deep and real. She tried to get them to meet at the masquerade ball but he was in a mask so they had to go through all the guys at the ball. London found him after Zack and Cody started a pie fight. Later he told London that his dad offered to pay for dental school in Europe, but turned him down. London tells him that he shouldn't give up his dream for her, urges him to go and he gives London her first kiss.
- Trevor (Zac Efron) - a boy who London dated in the episode, "Odd Couples". However, he only dated her because he thought she was just as smart as him. At the end of the episode, it was revealed that London wasn't smart and was being coached by Maddie. Eventually, Trevor ended up with Maddie.
- Dirk and Kirk (Jake Abel and Scott Halberstadt, respectively) - two boys who only appeared in one episode as part of the twin convention in the episode "Twins at the Tipton". London and Maddie meet the "cute one" (played by Abel) and evidently have a crush on. They both compete for his affections, up until he introduces his smart twin (portrayed by Halberstadt)who Maddie thought looks like like the good looking one, but turns out to be a fraternal twin. Maddie goes on a date with, but is revealed to like London.
- Diego. Diego is a fencer that London hires. Maddie and London both have a crush on him. Diego took both out on a date and then it turned out he already had a girlfriend.
- Holden (Chad Duell) - London says was available and ran after him after he broke up with Bailey in "Boo You!". It is not mentioned if they dated at all.
- Armando (Justin Willman)—Armando is the magician that London dated for a while. London gets jealous of his assistant Karina. She "gets rid of her." London ruins Armando's magic show but then they like each other again.
- Sean Kingston—London started dating him when he came on board the SS Tipton to try and win her over by throwing her a party.
- Jean Luc-He falls in love with London in the episode Breakup in Paris.
- Maddie Fitzpatrick (Ashley Tisdale) is London's best friend and they always hang out with each other. They are shown to have a very close bond, yet London is still not above putting down Maddie's taste in clothes and hair, often exaggerating just because of the difference onf their economic status. London often refers to Maddie as 'Hideous Hair Maddie', which Maddie doesn't enjoy. Maddie serves as London's conscience and voice of reason, but also sometimes takes advantage of her wealth and is shown to be sarcastic with London's intelligence.
- Bailey Pickett (Debby Ryan) - London's close friend, introduced in The Suite Life on Deck. They both attend Seven Seas High and are cabin-mates. Though London did not like her at first (she did not want a cabin-mate), they have since become friends. A bone of contention is tales of Bailey's large family, which the parentally-ignored London often envies.
- Zack and Cody Martin (Dylan and Cole Sprouse) London maintains a close friendship with the twins. Cody is her web caster and often helps her with difficult homework assignments, and London often gets mixed up in Zack's various schemes.
- Marion Moseby (Phill Lewis) is almost like a second parent to London. He often gives London support and good advice, and it has been mentioned that he helped London out since she was a child. As London states, he is in their family album more than her dad or any of his ex-wives. He helped London take her first steps across the lobby of the Tipton Hotel, and also taught her how to drive. In the Suite Life on Deck episode "The Beauty and the Fleeced", she calls him by the name "M.C. Moseby" to someone to a familiar name.
- Woody Fink (Matthew Timmons) - Cody's cabin-mate in The Suite Life on Deck.
- Marcus Little (Doc Shaw) - Zack's cabin-mate, former singing sensation, previously known as 'Lil' Little', who leaves the ship to star in a Broadway show in New York City.
- Maya Bennett (Zoey Deutch) -Zack's ex-girlfriend.
- Addison (Rachael Kathryn Bell) - Classmate in The Suite Life on Deck.
- Nia Moseby (Giovonnie Samuels) - Moseby's niece and Maddie's temporary replacement at the Tipton during Season 3. She and London have an interesting friendship, in which Nia takes advantage of London's wealth and sometimes gets her involved in a few of her schemes, which London never seems to notice. London refers to her as 'Cranky Maddie'.
- Ivana (voiced by Emma Stone) is London's pomeranian dog, who is treated like royalty. She is seen in an episode that she can contact London with her cellphone.
- Chelsea Brimmer (Brittany Curran) is one of London's wealthy friends. She is just as air-headed as London. First seen in Miniature Golf, and a guest star and former producer on London's web-show, Yay Me. She visited London on the S.S. Tipton in the episode, Flowers and Chocolate of The Suite Life on Deck.
- Tiffany (Alexa Nikolas) another one of London's friends. She is shallow, air-headed, and diet-prone. First seen in Miniature Golf.
- Portia Tanenbaum (unseen) - A friend of London's who's mentioned many times. She has her own webshow similar to London and gave to charity on one occasion. They usually go on shopping trips to Paris. In the episode Cody Goes to Camp, London says that Portia's going to teach her how to drive. Mr. Moseby nixes this by mentioning that Portia drove her father's yacht into piers 10, 11 and 12. London defends this saying, "She was putting on sunscreen." When London searches the name 'Portia Tanenbaum' on the Internet, Cody tells London that she has more results than London. Then London decides to start her own web show called Yay Me! starring London Tipton!. It is apparent that London has fierce rivalry with Portia and considers her an enemy instead of a real friend.
- Francesca Grubman (Georgina Rosso) - Seen in the episode Health and Fitness, is one of London's rich friends. She attends London's junior fashion show in the episode, and also insults Maddie and (ironically) London. Georgina Rosso, who portrays Francesca, is the older sister of Rebecca and Camilla Rosso, the twins that portray Jessica and Janice.
- Lizzie Ashcroft (unseen) - Lizzie was mentioned in one episode, when London was supposed to be hanging out with her. She is thought to be London's friend.
|'The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
The Suite Life on Deck' character
|First appearance||Hotel Inspector
(The Suite Life of Zack & Cody)
The Kidney of the Sea
(The Suite Life on Deck)
|Last appearance||Sleepover Suite
(The Suite Life of Zack & Cody)
The Kidney of the Sea
(The Suite Life on Deck)
|Voiced by||Emma Stone (credited as Emily Stone)and her Greek voice by Katerina Girgis|
|Occupation||London Tipton's pet|
|Significant other(s)||Scamp Fitzpatrick|
|Children||Prince Percival Percimmon DuLac(son)
Maria Consuela Margarita Fransesca DeCielo (daughter)
Scruffy Fitzpatrick (son)
Elizebeth Katherine Margaret DeJulia (daughter)
Cliff Fitzpatrick (son)
Emma Tipton Fitzpatrick (daughter)
Ivana Priscilla Veronica Tipton-Fitzpatrick is a character on the Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck. She is voiced by Emma Stone and her Greek voice Katerina Girgis in episode "Crushed".
Ivana is the pet dog of The Tipton Hotel heiress London Tipton. (She is named after Ivana Trump, one of Donald Trump's ex-wives.) She is a Pomeranian breed although Estaban calls her a Shih Tzu. She does not talk to the human characters, but communicates to Maddie's dog Scamp, who she will have puppies with and marry. However, Maddie Fitzpatrick herself treats Ivana as a real person in one episode when she takes care of Ivana for a day. In this case, she was given sub-titles and barked, unlike how she talks to Scamp (although Maddie reacted, it is unknown whether or not she was actually understood). There was a book about Ivana in one episode, called Ivana lives in a Hotel. London copied it from Maddie for a short story assignment and gets an 'A', and in the end it becomes apparent that Maddie spoke it from a book her mother used to read to her when she was little.
When Ivana has puppies with Maddie's dog Scamp, Maddie names her puppy Scruffy and London names hers Prince Percival Persimmon Du Loc. London looked down on Scamp, who had to stay at The Tipton Hotel because Maddie's house was being fumigated, and set Ivana up with a "fancy pants" White Pomeranian duke, named Lord Quorckeran, (whom Ivana wasn't fond of, despite what London thought). Until Scamp showed up and whisked Ivana to suite 25. Esteban had been secretly feeding them, and stated "they are in love". When Moseby was showing the Ambassador to "his" suite, the dogs were found out. London eventually saw that Ivana was happy with Scamp.
They ended up having four puppies: Maddie's (Scruffy), London's (Prince Percival Percimmon Du Loc), Esteban's (Maria Consuela Margarita Fransesca DeCielo), and Moseby's unnamed puppy, it is unknown if Mr. Moseby's puppy is a boy or girl. Apparently Ivana is aware of London's lack of intellect, stating, when London thought she liked the Pomeranian Duke, "you also think one and one is four", although it isn't surprising that Ivana is smarter than London. In Fairest of them All Esteban said "She's making you give her Shih Tzu a shiatsu" even though Ivana is a Pomeranian. She is often seen in the first season, but not as much in the later seasons. In "Poor Little Rich Girl", Ivana is unseen but Zack and Cody said they took her Doggy Day Care. Ivana returns in "The Kidney of the Sea" on The Suite Life on Deck being dropped in by a helicopter and helps clear Zack's name after being blamed for stealing the kidney of the sea. In the episode "The Defiant Ones", she is mentioned.
The show's breakout character, London Tipton has garnered much media recognition. Song became a household name after The Suite Life of Zack & Cody debuted in 2005. In an April 2009 andPOP.com article, they stated that as London Tipton "Song is the One to Steal the Spotlight" on the Disney Channel. They said: "If you ever watched an episode of ‘The Suite Life with Zack & Cody’ you should realize that show is watchable because of one character: London Tipton. Brenda plays the ditzy spoiled hotel heiress London (yup, an allusion to Paris Hilton) and, if I could say so myself, she does quite an excellent job doing so." While commenting on Song, MSN's 2009 cover story of the series states, "Song is one of the main reasons why the "Suite Life" franchise remains one of the most successful and highly rated series in the Disney stable." In a 2009 article, People magazine described the character as a "melodramatic high-seas diva." Allmovie described Song as a "charming and appealing personality, even when playing a shallow airhead".
In August 2006, Song won an Asian Excellence Award for "Outstanding Newcomer" because of her portrayal of London Tipton in the series. Song was also named the "Queen of Disney" by Cosmogirl Magazine due to her major contributions on the Disney Channel including her leading role in the Suite Life series. Song ranked ninth in Netscape's 2007 "Top 10 Beautiful Petites in Entertainment", was voted one of AOL's "Top 20 Tween (and Teen) Television Stars", and Maxim ranked Song as the "Top Female Television Actress" in the winter of 2008 for her breakout performance as London Tipton in the Suite Life on Deck. Song was also ranked #45 in AIM's "Top 100 Celebs Under 25" list. TV Guide listed Song in its 2008 list of "13 Hottest Young Stars to Watch" for her portrayal of London Tipton. Zap2it named London Tipton the "Most Stylish" character of 2008 and one of "TV & Movie Shopaholics".
- Jacques Steinberg (June 15, 2006). "Brenda Song Turns Warrior in Disney's 'Wendy Wu'". The New York Times. Accessed 2008-12-11.
- Interview with Brenda Song (April 2005). TheStarScoop.com. Accessed 2008-12-11.
- "Poor Little Rich Girl". The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Season 1. Episode 13. 2005-08-28. 1:45 minutes in. Disney Channel.
- "Family Thais". The Suite Life on Deck. Season 2. Episode 6. September 18, 2009. 01:46 minutes in. Disney Channel.
- The Suite Life of Zack & Cody Episode 1x09: Band in Boston
- "The Prince & The Plunger". The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Season 1. Episode 06. 2005-04-08. 22 minutes in. Disney Channel.
- "Big Hair & Baseball". The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Season 1. Episode 16. 2005-08-28. 1:45 minutes in. Disney Channel.
- "Rant ‘N Rave: Disney Channel Stars". andPop.com. April 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- Pemberton, K.O. "Q&A: Brenda Song of 'The Suite Life on Deck'". MSN. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "Girl Power". People. Retrieved 10-9-2008.
- Craig Butler. Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior review. allmovie.com. Accessed 2008-12-12.
- Asian Excellence Awards Nominees (December 6, 2005). internationalnetworks.com. Accessed 2008-12-11.
- Brenda Song re-launches her Official Site (January 17, 2009). The Insider. Accessed 2009-03-25.
- Stacy Jenel Smith (2007). Top 10 Pretty Petites in Entertainment. Netscape. Accessed 2007-11-20.
- AOL's Top 20 Tween (and Teen) TV Stars. Aol.com. Accessed 2008-04-04.
- 100 Celebs Under 25. dashboard.aim.com. Accessed 2009-2-21.
- TVGuide.com reveals tomorrow's tween stars today, overlooks mini Clay Aiken (July 2, 2008). MTV Buzzworthy. Accessed 2008-10-10.
- "TV & Movie Shopaholics". Zap2it. Retrieved 7-9-2009.