|Birth name||Matt Cutler|
|Genres||Electronic, house, garage, ambient, ambient house, IDM|
Magic Wire Recordings
Cutler adopted the Lone alias after the dissolution of his previous band, the electronic duo Kids in Tracksuits, in which Cutler performed with Andy Hemsley. His debut release as Lone came in 2007 with Everything is Changing Colour CD-R, followed by another full-length album Lemurian in 2008 on the Dealmaker label. Ecstasy and Friends appeared on the Werk Discs label in 2009. While these releases combined abstract hip-hop beats with electronic textures, Cutler moved towards a more dance-orientated sound with Emerald Fantasy Tracks (2010) and Galaxy Garden (2012). He also has released five EPs titled Cluster Dreams, Joyreel/Sunset Teens, Pineapple Crush/Angel Brain, Once In a While/Raptured and Echolocations EP, released between 2009 and 2011.
Lone has been quoted as saying that the greatest influences on his music are artists such as Boards of Canada and Madlib. He also says that fellow British musician Keaver and Brause and Bibio have had an effect on the way he makes his music.
Cutler also plays in the side-project Kona Triangle when not working on Lone.
American rapper Azealia Banks samples "Pineapple Crush" on her debut EP, 1991, for her second single "Liquorice." Banks also used his song "Koran Angel" as an interlude on her mixtape Fantasea and "Aquamarine" for her track "Count Contessa" from her second upcoming mixtape. Cutler produced at least two new tracks for her upcoming debut studio album Broke With Expensive Taste.
- Everything Is Changing Colour (2007, vu-us)
- Lemurian (2008, Dealmaker Records)
- Ecstasy And Friends (2009, Werk Discs)
- Emerald Fantasy Tracks (2010, Magic Wire)
- Galaxy Garden (2012, R&S)
- Reality Testing (2014, R&S)
Singles and EPs
- Echolocations (2007)
- Cluster Dreams (2009)
- Joyreel/Sunset Teens (2009)
- Pineapple Crush/Angel Brain (2010)
- Once In a While/Raptured (2010)
- All Those Weird Things (2011)
- Crystal Caverns 1991 (2012)
- Airglow Fires (2013)
- "The Nottingham Post, Nottingham Post Online | NottinghamPost.co.uk". Thisisnottingham.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "Music - Lone". BBC. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- [dead link]
- Kellman, Andy. "Lone biography". allmusic.com. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Fitzmaurice, Larry (18 January 2011). "Lone: Emerald Fantasy Tracks review". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Harvell, Jess (9 May 2012). "Lone: Galaxy Garden review". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Lone (2) Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "Lone". Elastic Artists. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Lone on Andrew Meza's BTS Radio