Lone Tree Cemetery
Original "Lone Tree"
|Location||Hayward, Alameda County, California|
|Number of interments||5,600+|
|Find a Grave||Lone Tree Cemetery|
Lone Tree Cemetery is a 42-acre (17 ha), active, nonprofit cemetery, mausoleum and columbarium complex in unincorporated Fairview, California, adjacent to the city of Hayward. The site was first established in 1868. The cemetery has hosted, since 1903, the oldest continuous Memorial Day celebration in southern Alameda County. It contains a memorial to 73 soldiers from Hayward, Castro Valley and San Lorenzo who died in the Vietnam War, and a memorial to Alameda County Sheriff's Deputies and police officers from cities in the county.
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Charlie Becker (1887–1968), actor who played the "Mayor of Munchkinland" in The Wizard of Oz
- William Dutton Hayward, namesake of the city of Hayward
- Bob Sweikert (1926–1956), racing driver, 1955 Indianapolis 500 champion
- Pete Knight (1903–1937), 1930s rodeo champion (reinterred in 1960 at Greenwood Cemetery in Hot Springs, Arkansas)
- "Lone Tree Cemetery". Lone Tree Cemetery. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
-  "Cooper denied Memorial Day address", Hayward Daily Review, May 27, 2006
-  "Fairview cemetery seeking families of Vietnam casualties", Oroville Mercury Register 08/26/07
- "Hayward memorial honors fallen Alameda County heroes – California Beat". Californiabeat.org. 2009-05-30. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- Robert McDonald at Find a Grave
- Charles "Charlie Charley" Becker at Find a Grave
- William D. Hayward at Find a Grave
- Bob Sweikert at Find a Grave
- Pete Knight at Find a Grave
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lone Tree Cemetery, Fairview, California.|