Lone Tree Cemetery
Lone Tree Cemetery is a 42-acre (17 ha), active, nonprofit cemetery, mausoleum and columbarium complex in unincorporated Fairview, California, adjacent to the city of Hayward. The site was first established in 1868. The cemetery has hosted, since 1903, the oldest continuous Memorial Day celebration in southern Alameda County. It contains a memorial to 73 soldiers from Hayward, Castro Valley and San Lorenzo who died in the Vietnam War, and a memorial to Alameda County Sheriff's Deputies and police officers from cities in the county.
- Charlie Becker, actor who played the "Mayor of Munchkinland" in The Wizard of Oz
- William Dutton Hayward, namesake of the city of Hayward
- Robert McDonald (b. May 12, 1822 d. May 20, 1901), American Indian Wars soldier and Medal of Honor recipient, with the 5th Infantry Regiment
- Bob Sweikert, racing driver, 1955 Indianapolis 500 champion
- Pete Knight, 1950s rodeo champion (reinterred in 1960 at Greenwood Cemetery in Hot Springs, Arkansas)
- "Lone Tree Cemetery". Lone Tree Cemetery. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
-  "Cooper denied Memorial Day address", Hayward Daily Review, May 27, 2006
-  "Fairview cemetery seeking families of Vietnam casualties", Oroville Mercury Register 08/26/07
- "Hayward memorial honors fallen Alameda County heroes – California Beat". Californiabeat.org. 2009-05-30. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Charles "Charlie Charley" Becker (1887 - 1968) - Find A Grave Memorial". Findagrave.com. 2012-05-30. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Robert McDonald (1822 - 1901) - Find A Grave Memorial". Findagrave.com. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Pete Knight (1903 - 1937) - Find A Grave Memorial". Findagrave.com. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "Bob Sweikert (1926 - 1956) - Find A Grave Memorial". Findagrave.com. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lone Tree Cemetery, Fairview, California.|
|This war memorials and cemeteries-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cemetery in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|