Long Branch GO Station
|Address||20 Brow Dr., Toronto, ON|
|Structure type||Station building|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Opened||23 May 1967|
|Station code||GO Transit: LBGO|
Being one of the original Go Stations built in 1967, it is now scheduled for modernization. The plans would make the station accessible with new elevators, connecting tunnels, washrooms and canopies over the platforms. It is expected to be 2016 before these upgrades are complete. It is also anticipated that more condominium development in the area will increase the population density of the neighbourhood and attract more riders.
The station is adjacent to the Toronto Transit Commission's Long Branch Loop, which serves as the western terminus of the 501 Queen and 508 Lake Shore streetcar routes. The loop is also the terminus for TTC bus routes 110A/110B Islington South to Islington subway station and 123/123C Shorncliffe to Kipling subway station and MiWay bus routes 5/5B Dixie north to Mississauga's Northeast Employment District and 23 Lakeshore west to Clarkson GO Station.
Route 110A operates via Browns Line, Horner and Islington Avenue, with 110B being a weekday rush hour only service that operates via 30th Street, which is through the local industrial area just east of Browns Line. Route 123 operates via Browns Line, The East Mall and Shorncliffe, while 123C provides service via Sherway Gardens shopping centre rather than along The East Mall. Route 5 terminates at Cardiff Boulevard, just north of Derry Road, while 5B is a weekday rush hour only service terminating at Courtneypark Drive.
- Tess Kalinowski (2013-06-23). "Long Branch GO on track for a makeover: The GO station is getting a makeover as Long Branch prepares for a revival" (in English). Toronto Star. Retrieved May 2013.
- TTC pages for Route 110 Islington South
- TTC pages for Route 123 Shorncliffe
- "Employment Areas in Mississauga". Mississauga. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Media related to Long Branch GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Long Branch GO Station