Long Night in 1943
|La lunga notte del '43|
|Directed by||Florestano Vancini|
|Produced by||Tonino Cervi
|Written by||Florestano Vancini
Ennio De Concini
Pier Paolo Pasolini
Giorgio Bassani (novel)
Enrico Maria Salerno
|Music by||Carlo Rustichelli|
|Cinematography||Carlo Di Palma|
|Editing by||Nino Baragli|
|Running time||110 minutes|
Long Night in 1943, The Long Night of '43 or It Happened in '43 (original Italian title - La lunga notte del '43) is an Italian film of 1960 set during the Allied invasion of Italy in 1943 during the Second World War. It was directed by Florestano Vancini and adapted by Vancini, Ennio De Concini and Pier Paolo Pasolini from a novel by Giorgio Bassani.
The young wife of a wheelchair user starts an affair with an Italian Army deserter, just as a fanatical local Fascist leader massacres his opponents to seize power. Among those opponents is the deserter's father.
- Belinda Lee - Anna Barilari
- Gabriele Ferzetti - Franco Villani
- Enrico Maria Salerno - Pino Barilari
- Andrea Checchi - The pharmacist
- Nerio Bernardi - Villani the lawyer
- Isa Querio - Signora Villani
- Raffaella Pelloni - Ines, Franco's sister
- Loris Bazzocchi - Vincent
- Carlo Di Maggio - Conosole Bolognesi
- Alice Clements - Blanche Villani, Franco's wife
Enrico Maria Salerno won a Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actor at the 1961 Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists awards.
- Massimo Bertarelli, Il cinema italiano in 100 film: i 100 film da salvare, Gremese Editore, 2004, ISBN 88-8440-340-5.
- Massimo Borriello (4 March 2008). "Cento film e un'Italia da non dimenticare". Movieplayer. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Ecco i cento film italiani da salvare". Corriere della Sera. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|