Long Ridge (San Mateo County, California)
|Elevation||2603+ ft (793+ m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||120 ft (37 m)|
|Listing||California County High Points|
|Location||San Mateo County, California, U.S.|
|Range||Santa Cruz Mountains|
|Topo map||USGS Mindego Hill|
Long Ridge is a hill located in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. The hill rises to an elevation of about 2,600 feet (792 m) on private property near Highway 35 and the Santa Clara-San Mateo county line. The hill is the highest point in San Mateo County. A hill to the northeast of Long Ridge rises to 2,566 feet (782 m). Some snow falls on the mountain during the winter.
The Long Ridge Open Space Preserve is named for this ridge.
- "Long Ridge, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Long Ridge". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- USGS. Mindego Hill quadrangle, California (Map). 1:24000. 7.5 Minute Topographic. http://www.topoquest.com/map-detail.php?usgs_cell_id=29484. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Long Ridge". SummitPost.org. http://www.summitpost.org/page/261661. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "Subsection 261Af — Santa Cruz Mountains". U.S. Forest Service. Archived from the original on 2007-11-09. Retrieved 2014-02-22.
|This San Mateo County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|