Longmeadow Evangelical Church
|Longmeadow Evangelical Church|
|Country||England, United Kingdom|
|Pastor(s)||Ben Epps and Russell Knell|
Longmeadow Evangelical Church is an Independent Evangelical Church situated in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The church is an active member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC).
Statement Of Faith
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament; and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole.
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
- The utter depravity of human nature in consequence of the Fall, and the necessity for regeneration.
- The true and proper Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; his virgin Birth; his real and perfect manhood; the authority of his teaching and the infallibility of all his utterances; his work of atonement for sinners of mankind by his vicarious sufferings and death; his bodily resurrection and his ascension into heaven; his present High-priestly intercession for his people at the right hand of the Father.
- The justification of the sinner solely by faith, through the atoning merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion and sanctification; also in ministry and worship.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, neither in the Lord's Supper as being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
Longmeadow Evangelical Church holds several different types of service. The following are the times of each service:
- Morning Service - 10:30
- Prayer Service - 18:00
- Communion Service - 18:30
There are no services held on a Monday.
- Toddler Group - 09:00
- Parents' Prayer Group - 09:30
- Toddler Group - 13:00
- Senior Moments (50+) - 13:30**
- BRAG (School Years 3-6) - 18:15
- Young Disciples - 18:30
- Straight Up (School Years 10+) - 20:00
There are no services held on a Saturday.
- The Sunday Prayer and Communion services may not be held each week at these times, as Communion may be included in the Morning Service, please check the notice sheet on the Church website to confirm.
- The Senior Moments group is held on alternative Thursdays.
- "Home | Longmeadow Evangelical Church". longmeadow-church.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches. "Church: Longmeadow Evangelical Church | Our Churches | Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches". fiec.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- "Statement Of Faith | Longmeadow Evangelical Church". longmeadow-church.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-06.