|City of Lonsdale, Minnesota|
|Motto: Preserving Our Heritage To Better Our Future|
Location in the state of Minnesota, USA
|• Mayor||Tim Rud|
|• Total||2.77 sq mi (7.17 km2)|
|• Land||2.73 sq mi (7.07 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.10 km2)|
|Elevation||1,093 ft (333 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||3,757|
|• Density||1,345.8/sq mi (519.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CST (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0647154|
Minnesota State Highway 19 serves as a main route in the city.
Lonsdale is six miles (10 km) from Interstate 35.
Lonsdale is a champion of quality small businesses and services which serve the local community and attract loyal customers from many surrounding communities.
Lonsdale features vibrant downtown businesses including:
• Country Meat Market, Lonsdale – specializing in fresh, local cuts of meat, small deli, summer sausages and also your meat processing for either game or domestic
• The Fitness Studio Lonsdale – Fitness classes including Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Kickboxing, Step, Core, Total Body Sculpting, Kettlebells, Zumba, classes for seniors and personal training.
• Quilting by the Hearth- people drive from miles around to shop at the stash of fabric, quilting supplies Classes on techniques
• All Yarn – yarn and yarn supplies
• Hair Force Barbershop for Men
• Custom Cuts by Carol – full service salon
• Five Star – Embroidery and heat transfer work for business uniforms, sport uniforms and more
• Gun Shop
• HomePlate Antiques – quality antiques, baseball memorabilia and collectibles
• Carquest autoparts
• Hardware Hank-Lonsdale Hardware, gardening supplies, plumbing, electrical, paint, household,rentals
• Thrift Shop –two stories of anything you can imagine: clothing, housewares, decore, tools
• Creature Comforts Massage – a great experience
• Pet Grooming
• Lonsdale Chiropractic
• Minnesota Barnwood – reclaimed barnwood- once harvested, twice used reclaimed wood
• Fliceks Sports Bar and Grill – Pizza and Broasted chicken
• Whistle Stop Tavern and Grill – Good food, liquid refreshment, weekends live music
• Treats of Lonsdale – old fashioned soft serve flavored soft serve, tasty cold delights, and food
• Lonsdale Telephone and Video Adventures – reasonable, locally owned and operated supplier for internet, cable, email, telephone
• Center Stage Dance for children
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,674 people, 1,277 households, and 976 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,345.8 inhabitants per square mile (519.6 /km2). There were 1,370 housing units at an average density of 501.8 per square mile (193.7 /km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.5% White, 0.4% African American, 0.3% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.3% Pacific Islander, 0.3% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.7% of the population.
There were 1,277 households of which 49.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.4% were married couples living together, 6.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 23.6% were non-families. 16.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.87 and the average family size was 3.27.
The median age in the city was 29.5 years. 34.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 39.2% were from 25 to 44; 15.9% were from 45 to 64; and 4.9% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.1% male and 48.9% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,491 people, 560 households, and 394 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,127.3 people per square mile (436.1/km²). There were 577 housing units at an average density of 436.2 per square mile (168.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.66% White, 0.20% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.13% Asian, and 0.60% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.34% of the population.
There were 560 households out of which 39.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.9% were married couples living together, 6.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.5% were non-families. 23.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.62 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.4% under the age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 33.3% from 25 to 44, 16.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 99.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.6 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $50,054, and the median income for a family was $58,676. Males had a median income of $37,800 versus $25,607 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,368. About 4.6% of families and 6.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.1% of those under age 18 and 18.8% of those age 65 or over.
Tri-City United Public Schools - ISD # 2905
- Tri-City United High School - Montgomery
- Montgomery Elementary and Middle School
- Le Center Elementary and Middle School
- Lonsdale Elementary
New Prague Public Schools - ISD # 721
- New Prague High School
- New Prague Middle School
- Eagle View Elementary School
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 27 April 2011.