History and profile
Look Japan was established in 1953 by Takenori Kimura. It was published in English, Chinese, and Spanish editions. The offices of the publisher, Look Japan Ltd, were in the Asahi Seimei Hibiya Building in Yurakucho, Chiyoda, Tokyo.
Jay Brushart of the Portsmouth Daily Times said that the format of Look Japan was similar to that of TIME. Ed Gibson of the Harlan Daily Enterprise said that Look Japan was "a slick publication, a lot like "People" that offers the non-Japanese a most interesting look at the country and its people." As of 1991 it was published in Singapore.
- "About Us." Look Japan. 1 February 2002. Retrieved 11 October 2011. "Look Japan Ltd Asahi Seimei Hibiya Building, 1-5-1, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0006, Japan "
- "Lookout post.." Look Japan. 1 July 2002. Retrieved 11 October 2011. "LOOK JAPAN also publishes Chinese and Spanish versions of its print magazine."
- Brushart, Jay. "Learning the meaning of citizenship." TIME. 19 February 1992. A4. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Gibson, Ed. "Japanese Sayings Have A Familiar Ring To Them." Harlan Daily Enterprise. 18 July 1990. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "REPORTERS' NOTEBOOK." The Buffalo News. 14 April 1991. Retrieved 11 October 2011. "Here's a little touch of irony in the current industrial climate: Look Japan, a magazine about life in Japan, is published in Singapore."
- Satouchi, Katsumi (里内 克巳 Satouchi Katsumi). Reading Current English in LOOK JAPAN (『ルックジャパン』で楽しく読める時事英語 Rukku japan de tanoshiku yomeru jiji eigo?) Shohakusha (松柏社). 1995. Info page (Archive), VIAF file (Archive)
- Look Japan (Archive)