From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up lookahead in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lookahead may refer to:
- Lookahead in combinatorial search, a parameter of some combinatorial search algorithms, roughly, how deeply the graph representing the problem is explored
- Lookahead in parsing, a parameter of some parsing algorithms, the maximum incoming tokens that a parser can use to decide which rule it should use
- Lookahead in dynamic range compression, signal processing design to overcome the problem of being forced to compromise between slow attack rates that produce smooth-sounding gain changes, and fast attack rates capable of catching transients
- Lookahead in backtracking, the generic term for a subprocedure that attempts to foresee the effects of choosing a branching variable to evaluate or one of its values
- Lookahead carry unit, a logical unit in digital circuit design used to decrease calculation time in adder units
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lookahead.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.