A lookbook is a collection of photographs compiled to show off a model, a photographer, a style, or stylist or a clothing line. Usually, bloggers or vloggers will "model" fashionable looks for that month or season. This gives viewers ideas on how to style outfits, or to show what the latest fashions are.  It is an especially popular term with "fashion bloggers".
Lookbooks in their online form can be described as "fashion diaries" because bloggers are constantly updating them on a daily or weekly basis. However, sometimes they are made to compile the looks of other people such as a celebrity, politician or socialite. They can also be used as an artist's portfolio.
- NY TIMES...A Look Book Makeover http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/look-books/
- Fashion Incubator: What is a lookbook? http://www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/what_are_look_books/
- Teen Vogue: Taghrid: A Lookbook http://www.teenvogue.com/style/blogs/fashion/2008/12/taghrid-chaaban-of-taghrid-a-lookbook.html
- Stylist, lookbooks as fashion diaries http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2008/09/23/lookbook-nu-gives-stylemakers-a-fashion-diary/
- NY Mag: The Michelle Obama Lookbook http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/04/michelle_obama_slideshow.html
- New York Magazine The Look Book Blog
- LOOKBOOK.TV Channel The LOOKBOOK Film Channel
- Jacco Fashion Lookbook: Japanese and Korean Fashion
|This art-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|