Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
|Lope de Vega|
Map of Northern Samar with Lope de Vega highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||1st district of N. Samar|
|• Mayor||Ana T. Palloc|
|• Total||280.00 km2 (108.11 sq mi)|
|• Density||48/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Lope De Vega is a fourth class municipality in the province of Northern Samar, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 13,542. The town is bordered in the north by Catarman and Mondragon in the east and the province of Samar in the south.
It is named after medieval Spanish playwright and poet Lope de Vega.
- Gen. Luna
- Lope De Vega (Pob.)
- Lower Caynaga
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- San Miguel
- Upper Caynaga
|Population census of Lope de Vega|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Lope de Vega is served by buses, jeepneys, and van-for-hire with service to Catarman, Calbayog City and to Tacloban City. There are ships also that travels from Calbayog City to Cebu City. The town has no airport, but is accessible via nearby Catarman National Airport and Calbayog Airport.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Province: Northern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Province of Northern Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|