St Michael's, Loppington
Loppington shown within Shropshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
|UK Parliament||North Shropshire|
Loppington was recorded in the Domesday Book as Lopitone.
It has a rich history and many historical buildings, including the Church of Saint Michael, dating back to the 14th century and having traces of a Norman building with characteristic Norman architecture.
Noteworthy people from Loppington
- Chris Hawkins - radio presenter, producer, and celebrity
- Edward Lhuyd (Lloyd) - 17th century scientist, botanist, geologist, philologist  and friend of Sir Isaac Newton
- John Lloyd Dickin - Lieutenant Colonel John Lloyd Dickin (1845-1927) of Loppington House & Lyneal Lodge, Welshampton
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loppington.|
- North Shropshire villages - information
- Shropshire Tourism Information - history, facts, attractions
- St. Michael's Church - description of the bell tower