Lord Beaverbrook High School
|Lord Beaverbrook High School|
Motto: Omni pro sua parte
(Latin for: Everything to the best of one's ability)
|9019 Fairmount Drive S.E.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|School board||Calgary Board of Education|
|Vice principal||David Sparrow, Colin Haydu, Aileen Smyth|
|Enrollment||1827 (September 2013)|
|Feeder schools||David Thompson. RT Alderman. Wilma Hansen. Mountain Park.|
Lord Beaverbrook High School or LBHS was founded in 1967, and the first year of attendance was in 1968. We inherited our name from a man named William Maxwell Aitken. He was born on May 25, 1879, in Maple, Ontario. In 1916, he was recognized for his achievements with a seat in the House of Lords, the senior branch of the British Parliament. It was customary to create a title for oneself, so Aitken thought back to his childhood and the times he would spend fishing at a stream called the Beaverbrook. This is when he claimed the title, Lord Beaverbrook. Lord Beaverbrook died at the age of eighty-five, on June 9, 1964. . It is operated by the Calgary Board of Education.
- Don Cairns, former National Hockey League player.
- Tommy Campbell, actor, stand-up comedian and comedy writer/director
- Owen Hargreaves, footballer currently playing for Manchester City F.C.
- Tim Hunter, former National Hockey League player
- Stu Laird, former Canadian Football League player
- Lisa Lobsinger, vocalist for the band Reverie Sound Revue and Broken Social Scene
- Jeff Pain, Olympic Silver medallist
- Patricia Relf, author
- Mark Tewksbury, Canadian gold medalist swimmer and actor
- Robert Thirsk, NASA astronaut
- Kent Warnock, former Canadian Football League player.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lord Beaverbrook High School.|
|This Alberta school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|