Lord Don't Slow Me Down
|Lord Don't Slow Me Down|
|Directed by||Baillie Walsh|
Josh Barwickmusic = Oasis
|Edited by||Struan Clay|
|Distributed by||Black Dog Films|
|Release date(s)||29 October 2007|
|Running time||94:19 min
TV edit: 56:24 min
Lord Don't Slow Me Down is a rockumentary film, looking back on British rock band Oasis' Don't Believe the Truth world tour which took place from May 2005 to March 2006. The film is directed by Baillie Walsh. It went platinum in the UK.
A handful of fans-only private screenings took place around the world with the world premiere of the film at the Directors Guild Theater in New York City on 4 November 2006 as part of the CMJ Film Festival. The UK television premiere was on Channel 4 on 19 November, at 11:50pm, although it was a heavily edited version with approximately 40 minutes cut from the original 95 minute version. The film was unveiled to coincide with Oasis' compilation album Stop the Clocks, released on 20 November 2006. A preview of the film was included on the Let There Be Love DVD single, released in November 2005.
The film features a new Oasis song also called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", written by Noel Gallagher and recorded during the Don't Believe the Truth sessions, Gallagher described it as being "one of the best things, like The Who, The Yardbirds and the Jeff Beck Group combined, and it's got two drum solos on it!". He has also said that his girlfriend thought it was the only Oasis song you could dance to. The song was left off Don't Believe the Truth because Gallagher felt that including it would have meant he'd have been singing too many songs on the record. Italian footballer Alessandro Del Piero also appears in the video signing a shirt for Noel.
Lord Don't Slow Me Down was released on DVD on 29 October 2007. The DVD set contents:
- Documentary tour film Lord Don’t Slow Me Down in stereo and surround sound.
- Bonus audio commentary featuring the members of the band
- A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with the fans filmed in New York in 2006
- Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2 July 2005 in HD with stereo and surround sound.
This concert has also been shown regularly on the HD music television channel, "Rave."
- Unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert
Lord Don't Slow Me Down was released on Blu-ray on 17 March 2009.
- Official Oasis Website
- 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down' webcast preview on MSN Music
- Oasis Rock forum
- Review at Bandidge.com
- Lord Don't Slow Me Down at the Internet Movie Database
- Lord Don't Slow Me Down at AllMovie