|Also known as||Lord Vampyr/Vampir Draculea, Lord Alexander|
|Born||September 16, 1972|
|Genres||Symphonic black metal, gothic metal, extreme metal, industrial metal, death-doom, thrash metal|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, novelist, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, electric guitar|
|Labels||Officina Rock, Zero Effect Records, Vampyria Records, Crushing Balls Records, Crank Music Group|
|Associated acts||Theatres des Vampires, Cain, Lord Vampyr's Shadowsreign, VII Arcano, Nailed God, Malamorte|
Alessandro Nunziati, better known as Lord Vampyr (born September 16, 1972), is an Italian musician, record producer and writer, famous for being the former vocalist of the gothic metal band Theatres des Vampires, as well as one of its founding members.
Nunziati was born in Rome, Italy on September 16, 1972. As a teenager, he studied accounting and computer programming at the II° liceo artistico di Roma, and also graduated in Psychology at the Sapienza University of Rome. His first musical ventures were with the death-doom band Sepolcrum, formed in 1988 and of which he served as the vocalist. Sepolcrum released three demo tapes before changing its musical style to thrash metal and its name to VII Arcano in 1995. In 1994, after recording a last extended play with VII Arcano that would be released in the following year, Alessandro Nunziati left the band to form Theatres des Vampires.
In 1995, Theatres des Vampires' first demo tape, Nosferatu, eine Simphonie des Gravens, was released. The tape got the attention of record label Garden of Grief, which released their first studio album, Vampyrìsme, Nècrophilie, Nècrosadisme, Nècrophagie, in the following year. It was also in 1995 when Nunziati first donned his stage name Lord Vampyr; at the time, though, it was written with an I — "Lord Vampir". (In The Vampire Chronicles however, he would introduce himself as Lord Vampyr Draculea; it was the only Theatres des Vampires album in which he did so.) Initially a raw black metal band, Theatres des Vampires' musical style would gradually shift to a cleaner and more "produced" gothic metal as time went by.
Nunziati left Theatres des Vampires in 2004, due to creative divergences between him and the rest of the band, and began pursuing a solo career. His first solo album, De Vampyrica Philosophia, was released in 2005; its musical style was a symphonic black metal reminiscent of the early Theatres des Vampires material. This musical direction would continue to his second album, Carpathian Tragedies, released in 2009. Beginning with his third album, 2010's Horror Masterpiece, Nunziati abandoned the symphonic black metal style of his previous albums in order to shift to a more industrial-inflected sonority. In the same year he also released a compilation containing two old extended plays of his, entitled Vampyria. In 2005 Nunziati formed a side project named Lord Vampyr's Shadowsreign, that released only one studio album before disbanding in 2008, reuniting in 2009 and disbanding again in 2010.
His fourth and most recent studio album, Gothika Vampyrika Heretika, was released in 2013.
He announced in his official website in 2014 that he is currently working on a new studio album, tentatively titled Devotion.
With VII Arcano
- 1990: Anteroom of the Hell (demo tape — as Sepolcrum)
- 1992: Flowers Upon the Grave (demo tape — as Sepolcrum)
- 1994: Promo 1994 (demo tape — as Sepolcrum)
- 1995: Gather My Blood Forever (EP)
With Theatres des Vampires
- 1995: Nosferatu, eine Simphonie des Gravens (demo tape)
- 1996: Vampyrìsme, Nècrophilie, Nècrosadisme, Nècrophagie
- 1999: The Vampire Chronicles
- 2001: Iubilaeum Anno Dracula 2001 (EP)
- 2001: Bloody Lunatic Asylum
- 2002: Suicide Vampire
- 2003: Vampyrìsme...
- 2004: Nightbreed of Macabria
- 2005: De Vampyrica Philosophia
- 2007: Blood Bathory (EP)
- 2009: Carpathian Tragedies
- 2010: Horror Masterpiece
- 2010: Vampyria (compilation album)
- 2013: Gothika Vampyrika Heretika
- TBA: Devotion
With Nailed God
- 2009: Glorification of the Unborn
Solo band members
- Current members
- Lord Vampyr — vocals (2005–present)
- Seth 666 (Andrea Taddei) — guitars (2008–present)
- Aeternus (Diego Tasciotti) — drums (2008–present)
- Former members
- Nighthorn (Silvano Leone) — bass (2005–2008)
- Aeshla (Francesco Struglia) — drums (2005–2008)
- Nepesh-Ra (Cristiano Trionfera) — guitars (2005–2008)
- S.K. — guitars (2005–2008)
- Alexiel — keyboards (2005–2008)
- Count Morgoth (Roberto Cufaro) — keyboards (2005)
- Endymion (Riccardo Studer) — keyboards (2008–2010)
- Lady Eter — female backing vocals (2008–2010)
- Prometherion (Fabio Palazzola) — guitars (2010–2011)
- Lady Noir (Mariachiara Castaldi) — female backing vocals (2010–2011)
- STN Zyklon (Michele Arnone) — guitars (2010–2014)
- Helvete (Ferenc Nádasdy) — keyboards (2013–2014)
- Aerioch (Andrea di Nino) — bass (2008–2014)