From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up lorelei in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lorelei, Loreley or Lorelai may also refer to:
- Lorelei (Edmonton), a neighbourhood in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Loreley (Verbandsgemeinde), a Verbandsgemeinde in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Lake Lorelei, Ohio, a gated community and census-designated place near Fayetteville, Ohio
- Lorelei is a rock in the Rhine River, a serious hazard for shipping and subject of many legends, poems, and songs.
- 165 Loreley, an asteroid discovered by C. H. F. Peters in 1876
- Loreleia, a mushroom genus named after Lorelei Norvell, an American mycologist
- Lorelai (Suikoden), a character in the Suikoden video game series
- Lorelei (Pokemon), a character from the Pokémon video games
- Mystia Lorelei, a character from the Touhou Project video games
- Lorelei, the aggregate sentience of the Seventh Fonon in Tales of the Abyss video game (although this depiction of Lorelei is male)
- Lorelei (comics), several characters in the Marvel Comics universe
- Lorelei Rox, a character in the Spirit comic.
- Lorelei, the dog from The Dogs of Babel, about a man who tries to get his dog to speak about the death of his wife
- Lorelei (1935), a romance novel written by the Romanian novelist Ionel Teodoreanu
- Lorelai Gilmore, a character on the American television series Gilmore Girls
- Lorelai "Rory" Gilmore, a character on the American television series Gilmore Girls
- Lorelai "Trix" Gilmore, a character on the American television series Gilmore Girls
In the Marvel universe, Lorelei may refer to:
- Lorelei (Asgardian), a supporting character appearing mostly in The Mighty Thor and on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Lorelei (Mutate), a mutant supervillain
- Lorelei Travis, a minor mutant character appearing in the various titles surrounding the X-Men
- Mantis briefly took the name Lorelei as revealed in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Avengers 2005.
- Lorelei: The Witch of the Pacific Ocean, a 2005 Japanese World War II science fiction film
- Lorelei (musical), a 1974 musical that is a revision of "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
- Loreley (opera), an 1890 opera by Alfredo Catalani that is an extensive reworking of Catalani's dramma fantastico "Elda"
- Lorelei (band), a dark rock band from Pittsburgh.
- "Lorelei", a 1933 song composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics by Ira Gershwin; it was written for their musical Pardon My English
- "Lorelei" (1960) by Lonnie Donegan. UK #10
- "Lorelei", a 1976 song by Styx on the album Equinox
- "Loreley", a song on Blackmore's Night's 2003 album Ghost of a Rose
- "Lorelei", a song on Cocteau Twins's 1984 album Treasure
- "Lorelei", a song on Comeback Kid's 2003 album Turn It Around
- "Lorelei", a song on Corpus Delicti's 1993 album Twilight
- "Lorelai", a song on Fleet Foxes's 2011 album Helplessness Blues
- "Lorelei", a song on Nina Hagen's 1983 album Angstlos
- "Loreley", a 1981 single by Dschinghis Khan
- "Lorelei", a song on L'Arc-en-Ciel's 1998 album Heart
- "Black Forest (Lorelei)", a song on Mercury Rev's 2005 album The Secret Migration
- "Lorelei", a song by Clara Schumann, another version of Heine's poem, composed in 1843
- "Lorelei", a song on Scorpions's 2010 album Sting in the Tail
- "Lorelei", a song by Friedrich Silcher, the first sung version of Heinrich Heine`s poem, composed in 1837
- "Lorelei", a song on Theatre of Tragedy's 1998 album Aégis
- "Lorelei", a song on The Pogues's 1989 album Peace and Love
- "Lorelei", a song on Tom Tom Club's eponymous 1981 debut album
- "Lorelei", a song on Wishbone Ash's 1976 album New England
- "When Mermaids Cry", a song on Eagle-Eye Cherry's 1998 album Desireless
- Lorelei (name), female given name
- Loreley, pen name of the Mexican writer María Luisa Garza
- Luisana Loreley Lopilato de la Torre, Argentine actress and model
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.