||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
He graduated from the Department of Physics Michelangelo Merlin of the University of Bari, where he took his Ph. D. as well. Since 2007, he is working full-time as a high school teacher. In December 2013, he received the Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale as Associate Professor in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics of the Earth and Planets from the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR). In January 2014, he got also the Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale as an Associate Professor in Theoretical Physics.
His research is on gravitational physics, general relativity, tests of general relativity, frame-dragging, satellite geodesy, modified models of gravity, dark matter, dark energy, stellar astrophysics, celestial mechanics, and flight dynamics (satellites).
Iorio has served as external referee in peer-review evaluations of research projects submitted to several international institutions, has been awarded some national and international prizes and was appointed Associate Editor for the speciality Cosmology of the journal Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences published by Frontiers (publisher) in partnership with the Nature Publishing Group.
As of November 2014, the Astrophysics Data System lists more than 270 publications, with about 2000 citations (self-citations excluded), giving him an h-index of 32, a g-index of 38, an e-index of 17.6, an i-10 index of 97, a tori index of 85.7, a riq index of 578, and an m-index of 2. Google Scholar returns an h-index equal to 31, with over 3000 citations (including self-citations). Three papers of him are ranked in the TOPCITE+50 classification of the SPIRES database.
- "Lorenzo Iorio" (L. Iorio webpage by Frontiers (publisher)). Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale. Associate Professorship in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Earth and Planetary Physics" (pdf). 27 December 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale. Associate Professorship in Theoretical Physics" (pdf). 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Editorial Board of Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences" (webpage by Frontiers (publisher)). Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Lorenzo Iorio publications". NASA ADS. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- Pepe, Alberto; Kurtz, Michael J. (November 2012). "A Measure of Total Research Impact Independent of Time and Discipline". PLoS ONE 7 (11). Bibcode:2012PLoSO...746428P. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0046428. e46428. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "A New Way to Measure a Scientist's Impact". Physics Buzz Blog. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Lorenzo Iorio citations". Google Scholar. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Phenomenological constraints on the Kehagias-Sfetsos solution in the Horava-Lifshitz gravity from solar system orbital motions". SPIRES. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Solar System planetary orbital motions and f(R) theories of gravity". SPIRES. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- "Solar system constraints on f(T) gravity". SPIRES. Retrieved 2015-01-20.