Loretta Lynn's Greatest Hits
|Loretta Lynn's Greatest Hits|
|Greatest hits album by Loretta Lynn|
|Loretta Lynn chronology|
Loretta Lynn's Greatest Hits is a 1968 compilation album of American country singer-songwriter, Loretta Lynn's biggest hits from 1962 to 1967.
This was Lynn's first Greatest Hits album under Decca and she would end up recording two major ones for the label. The album consisted of 11 tracks, containing Lynn's biggest hits between 1962 and 1966, starting with her first hit single, "Success", which went to #6. The album's other highlight songs include, "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)", which went to #2 in 1966, as well her first #1 Country hit "Don't Come Home A' - Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind". Most of Lynn's early hits between 1962 and 1965 are on this album including "Wine, Women, and Song", "Happy Birthday", and "Blue Kentucky Girl", none of which were written by Lynn herself.
The album peaked at #6 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart in 1968 and did not chart on the Billboard 200. The album became Lynn's second album to receive a "Gold" rating by the RIAA, which is awarded to an album that has solo 500,000 copies or more.
- "Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)" - 2:06 (Lynn, Wells)
- "Before I'm Over You" - 2:30 (Perry)
- "If You're Not Gone too Long" - 2:36 (Ballman)
- "Dear Uncle Sam" - 2:14 (Lynn)
- "The Other Woman" - 2:26 (Perry)
- "Wine, Women, and Song" - 2:02 (Perry)
- "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)" - 2:11 (Lynn)
- "Blue Kentucky Girl"- 2:27 (Mullins)
- "Success" - 2:36 (Mullins)
- "The Home You're Tearin' Down" - 2:44 (Perry)
- "Happy Birthday" - 2:03 (Kitson)
Album – Billboard (North America)