Lori A. Clarke
|Lori A. Clarke|
|Born||New York, New York|
|Institutions||University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|Alma mater||University of Colorado
University of Rochester
|Doctoral advisor||Leon J. Osterweil|
|Known for||software engineering|
|Notable awards||ACM Fellow (1998)
IEEE Fellow (2011)
Lori A.Clarke is an American computer scientist noted for her research on software engineering.
She then joined the Department of Computer Science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst as an Assistant Professor in 1976. While there she was promoted to Associate Professor in 1981 and to Professor in 1986. In 2011, she became the Chair of the School of Computer Science.
She was a board member for SIGSOFT from 1985 to 2001, including the Chair from 1993-1997. She was a board member of CRA from 1999 to 2009. She is also noted for her leadership in broadening participation in computing. She has been a member of the CRA-W Board since 2001 and was the Co-Chair of CRA-W from 2005-2008.
Her other notable awards include:
- IEEE Fellow in 2011 for contributions to software testing and verification.
- ACM SIGSOFT Outstanding Research Award, 2011
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Service Award, 2002
- Association of Computing Machinery (1998). "AWARDS ACM Fellow Lori A. Clarke". Association of Computing Machinery. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering (2011). "IEEE Fellow Class of 2011". Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- ACM SIGSOFT (2011). "ACM SIGSOFT Outstanding Research Award". www.sigsoft.org. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- ACM SIGSOFT (2002). "ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Service Award". SIGSOFT. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst: Lori A. Clarke, Department of Computer Science
|This computer science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|