Los últimos de Filipinas
|Los últimos de Filipinas|
|Directed by||Antonio Román|
|Written by||Pedro de Juan , Antonio Román|
Conrado San Martín
|Music by||Manuel Parada|
|Edited by||Bienvenida Sanz|
|Running time||99 minutes|
Los últimos de Filipinas is a 1945 Spanish biographical war film directed by Antonio Román. It is based on a radio script by Enrique Llovet; Los Héroes de Baler; and novels by de Enrique Alfonso Barcones El Fuerte de Baler; and Rafael Sánchez Campoy El Fuerte de Baler.
Nani Fernández played famous Yo Te Diré song.
"The Last Ones of the Philippines" is the name given to the Spanish soldiers who fight in the Siege of Baler against the supporters of independence and against the US Army (the latter was in the Spanish-American War. In Spain, it was called "The Disaster of '98").
The Siege of Baler lasted from the 1st of July, 1898 until the 2nd of June, 1899. During these 11 months, the Spaniards were isolated in a church that became their fortified position. The Spanish troops were a small garrison of 50 soldiers from the "2º de Cazadores" under the charge of Lieutenant D. Juan Alonso Zayas. They faced approximately 800 rebel soldiers. The Spanish soldiers fortified the church and resisted the constant attacks of the rebels for 11 months without provisions.
- Armando Calvo as Teniente Martín Cerezo
- José Nieto (actor)|José Nieto as Capitán Enrique de las Morenas
- Guillermo Marín as Doctor Rogelio Vigil
- Manolo Morán as Pedro Vila
- Juan Calvo as Cabo Olivares
- Fernando Rey as Juan Chamizo
- Manuel Kayser as Fray Cándido
- Carlos Muñoz as Santamaría
- José Miguel Rupert as Moisés
- Pablo Álvarez Rubio as Herrero, el desertor
- Nani Fernández as Tala
- Emilio Ruiz de Córdoba as El Correo
- César Guzmán as Jesús García Quijano
- Alfonso de Horna as Marquiado
- Manuel Arbó as Gómez Ortiz
- Los últimos de Filipinas at the Internet Movie Database
- Movie of Los últimos de Filipinas at Google videos
- Los últimos de Filipinas Website (in English and Spanish)
|This article related to Spanish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|