Los Angeles Community College District
|Los Angeles Community College District|
|Type and location|
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is the community college district serving Los Angeles, California, USA and some of its neighboring cities. Its headquarters are in Downtown Los Angeles. In addition to typical college aged students, the LACCD also serves adults of all ages. Indeed, over half of all LACCD students are older than 25 years of age, and more than a quarter are 35 or older. The Los Angeles Community College District is the largest community college district in the United States and is one of the largest in the world. The LACCD consists of nine colleges and covers an area of more than 882 square miles (2,280 km2).
- East Los Angeles College
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Trade-Technical College
- Los Angeles Valley College
- Los Angeles Southwest College
- West Los Angeles College
Board of trustees
The Los Angeles Community College District is governed by an elected Board of Trustees. As of April 2014[update], the members are Miguel Santiago (president); Scott J. Svonkin (vice president); Mike Eng; Mona Field; Ernest H. Moreno Nancy Pearlman; Steve Veres; and Michael J. Griggs (student trustee).
Board members are elected by voters in the district for terms of four years. Elections are held every two years, with three members being chosen at one election and four members at the other. The President and Vice President of the Board of Trustees are elected by the Board for one-year terms at the annual organizational meeting. A Second Vice president is elected at the discretion of the Board. A student member is elected annually—the term is June 1 through May 31 of each year.
The District is[when?] modernizing all of its facilities, including all nine of its colleges, through a $6 billion Building Program. The program is funded primarily through bond measures approved by voters in 2001, 2003, and 2008, plus additional funding from the State of California. As of its most recent report, approximately $3.1 billion of the $6 billion has been spent or committed.
- "Home." Los Angeles Community College District. Retrieved on August 3, 2013. "770 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90017"
- "Board of Trustees". Los Angeles Community College District. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "About >". LACCD Builds Green. Retrieved 2013-08-26.
- "Sustainable Building Program > Dashboard Reports". Laccdbuildsgreen.org. Retrieved 2013-08-26.