Lost Highway: The Concert
|Lost Highway: The Concert|
|Live album / Video album by Bon Jovi|
|Bon Jovi chronology|
Lost Highway: The Concert is the fourth live DVD from American rock band Bon Jovi. The DVD shows the band performing the Lost Highway album in its entirety to an audience of approximately 2,000 people in the Chicago Illinois. It is the first time in the band's history that they have performed an entire album in sequence live. After they completed performing the album in its entirety, the band played three of their hits: "It's My Life", "Wanted Dead or Alive" and "Who Says You Can't Go Home". The concert was released as a bonus audio disk with the German and UK version of Lost Highway on May 16, 2008 under the name Lost Highway: Tour Edition.
- Lost Highway
- (You Want To) Make A Memory
- Whole Lot of Leavin'
- We Got It Going On
- Any Other Day
- Seat Next To You
- Everybody's Broken
- Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore
- The Last Night
- One Step Closer
- I Love This Town
- It's My Life
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Who Says You Can't Go Home
|Clear Channel Stripped Bonus Performance Tracks (on DVD only)|
|16.||"(You Want To) Make A Memory"|
|18.||"Wanted Dead or Alive"|
|19.||"Who Says You Can't Go Home"|
|20.||"Whole Lot of Leavin'"|
|21.||"Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover)"|
On the songs that have female vocals on the album ("Seat Next To You" and "Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore"), violinist Lorenza Ponce stands in for the original artists on the record.
"Any Other Day" features solos from Bobby Bandiera (rhythm guitar), Kurt Johnston (pedal steel guitar), Lorenza Ponce (violin), David Bryan (keyboards) and finishing with an extended solo from lead guitarist Richie Sambora. This stretches the song to over 8 minutes, double the length of the studio version.
The European release, while having the correct region coding on the DVD, is still in the American NTSC picture format. The bonus performances are formatted as a 4:3 frame with a letterbox, which when viewed on a widescreen set produces a black area around all sides of the picture (windowboxing).
- Jon Bon Jovi (lead vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica)
- Richie Sambora (guitar, backing vocals, talkbox)
- Hugh McDonald (bass, backing vocals)
- Tico Torres (drums, percussion)
- David Bryan (keyboards, backing vocals)
- Bobby Bandiera (guitar, backing vocals)
- Lorenza Ponce (violin, backing vocals)
- Kurt Johnston (pedal steel guitar, backing vocals)
Charts and certifications
|Belgian Music DVDs Chart (Flanders)||9|
|Dutch Music DVDs Chart||7|
|New Zealand Music DVDs Chart||2|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||2,500x|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "10 Muziek-DVD - 28/06/2008" (in Dutch). Ultratop. Hung Medien. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Dutch DVDMusicTop30 - 08/12/2007" (in Dutch). Dutchcharts.nl. Hung Medien. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "The Official New Zealand Music Chart - Chart 1602 - 4 February 2008" (PDF). Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Archived from the original on January 22, 2013. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2008 DVDs". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum DVDs". Radioscope.net.nz. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved January 22, 2013.