Lost in society
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2011)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2011)|
|Lost In Society|
|Origin||Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, Alternative|
|Associated acts||The Bouncing Souls|
|Past members||Hardu Virks-Lee|
Lost in Society is a punk rock band based out of Asbury Park, New Jersey. Founded in late 2004, the band currently consists of Zach Moyle (lead vocals, guitar), Nick Ruroede (bass, backup vocals), and Hector Bonora (drums). They are presently signed to Altercation Records of Austin, TX.
Lost in Society are based in Asbury Park. The trio got their start in 2004 with a show at the PNC Bank Center in Holmdel, NJ when they were freshman in High School. Shortly after, they recorded their first EP Gone with Jon Leidersdorff of Lakehouse Music. In 2009 they hit the studio again with Leidersdorff, releasing their first full length album, Eastern Empire in early 2010. The album was chosen by Gary Wein of New Jersey Stage as one of the top albums of the year and chosen to be featured in "Are You Listening," a book of the top 100 albums of the decade by New Jersey artists, written and created by Mr. Wein after reviewing over 2,200 albums.
In 2011 the band took home the gold in Metromix's BreakThru band competition. The state-wide contest won them roughly $30,000 in cash and prizes. They've recently been featured in The Vinyl District, Tri State Independent, The Aquarian Weekly, and on the WRAT's (95.9 FM) Jersey Rock Radio show.
In April, LIS released a new single "Not Afraid" which was produced by Pete Steinkopf of the Bouncing Souls. In less than 3 weeks the single made it to the top 5 tracks on Boston's UNregular Radio, and is receiving regular airplay on Monmouth University's WMCX 88.9. Shortly thereafter they were signed to Altercation Records based in Austin, TX.
In the summer of 2011 the trio was asked to open for bands such as The Bouncing Souls, Strike Anywhere and The Misfits.
- Zack Moyle - vocals/guitar (2004–present)
- Nick Ruroede - bass/vocals (2004–present)
- Hector Bonora - drums (2008–present)
- Hardu Virks-Lee - Drummer (2004–2008)
- Eastern Empire (2010, self-released)
- Let It Sail (2012, Altercation Records)
- Gone (2007, self-released)
- Lost In Society/American Pinup (2012, Altercation Records)
- Blood Sweat & Punk Volume 1, (2012, Altercation Records)
- Warped Tour Compilation 2012, (2012, Side One Dummy Records)
- Blood Sweat & Punk Volume 2, (2013, Altercation Records)
- Warped Tour Compilation 2014, (2014, Side One Dummy Records)