|— Department —|
|Prefecture building of the Lot-et-Garonne department, in Agen|
|• President of the General Council||Pierre Camani (Socialist Party)|
|• Total||5,361 km2 (2,070 sq mi)|
|• Density||60/km2 ( 160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|^1 French Land Register data, which exclude estuaries, and lakes, ponds, and glaciers larger than 1 km2|
Lot-et-Garonne is part of the current region of Aquitaine and is surrounded by the departments of Lot, Tarn-et-Garonne, Gers, Landes, Gironde, and Dordogne. The north of the department is composed by limestone hills. Between Lot and Garonne, there is a plateau carved by many valleys. In the west of the department, the Landes forest is planted in the sand. It's composed by maritime pines. Between the forest and Agen, there is the Albret, a country very hilly.
Food-processing, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals are all major industries of the department.
The inhabitants of the department are called Lot-et-Garonnais.
See also 
- Cantons of the Lot-et-Garonne department
- Communes of the Lot-et-Garonne department
- Arrondissements of the Lot-et-Garonne department
- (French) Prefecture website
- (French) General Council website
- (English) Lot-et-Garonne at the Open Directory Project
- (French) Chamber of Commerce and Industry website