|Written by||David Williamson|
|Date premiered||February 2007|
|Place premiered||Ensemble Theatre, Sydney|
Karin Schaupp approached Williamson in 2002 to write the project. She wanted to act in a production that combined drama with her musical skills. Williamson was enthusiastic and started asking Schaupp about her family history. When the guitarist told her about her grandmother Lotte, Williamson decided to structure the story around three generations of women in her family.
The play premiered at the 2006 Noosa Festival as Strings Under Her Fingers. It was subsequently reworked as Lotte's Gift.
- Interview with David Williamson on Radio National, 25 July 2006 accessed 29 November 2012
- Lotte's Gift at Karin Schaupp website
- Clare Morgan, "Classical ending to tale of thwarted musical ambition", Sydney Morning Herald 29 Jan 2007 accessed 8 Feb 2015
- Karin Schaupp on the play at "Life Matters" on ABC Radio National
- Review of Brisbane production at 4MBS Classic FM
- Review of 2007 Sydney Production at Variety